Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I still have a hard time believing that a bolt gun cannot smack even a hard primer hard enough to not cause this problem. Usually the firing pin springs are super stout in a bolt action.
    The Remingtion, AAC and Kimber rifles in .300BLK don't have this issue.

Ruger will fix it and issue a recall. SOP for Ruger.

2. Member
    I am not a fan of the Ruger American nor the 6.5 Creedmoor, but my daughter recently received this particular rifle/cartridge combo as a gift. After being fired less than 40 times (we still have most of the second box of ammo), it has misfired twice, light primer strikes, once at the range, the second time at in the field. Also, while watching an online hunting video, one of the hunters remarked that he tried to shoot a deer, but his rifle had misfired. His rifle was a Ruger American chambered in 350 Legend. Though I do not the American, I really like Ruger Firearms. In this case, we will probably replace the rifle as the issue is not one that I, nor she, is willing to endure. Nor should we have to.

3. Member

With 6.5 Creedmoor, as well.

I am not a fan of the Ruger American nor the 6.5 Creedmoor, but my daughter recently received this particular rifle/cartridge combo as a gift. After being fired less than 40 times (we still have most of the second box of ammo), it has misfired twice, light primer strikes, once at the range, the second time in the field. Also, while watching an online hunting video, one of the hunters remarked that he tried to shoot a deer, but his rifle had misfired. His rifle was a Ruger American chambered in 350 Legend. Though I do not like the American, I really like Ruger Firearms. In this case, we will probably replace the rifle as the issue is not one that I, nor she, is willing to endure. Nor should we have to.

4. Member
    I am not a fan of the Ruger American nor the 6.5 Creedmoor, but my daughter recently received this particular rifle/cartridge combo as a gift. After being fired less than 40 times (we still have most of the second box of ammo), it has misfired twice, light primer strikes, once at the range, the second time in the field. Also, while watching an online hunting video, one of the hunters remarked that he tried to shoot a deer, but his rifle had misfired. His rifle was a Ruger American chambered in 350 Legend. Though I do not like the American, I really like Ruger Firearms. In this case, we will probably replace the rifle as the issue is not one that I, nor she, is willing to endure. Nor should we have to.

If this is a known issue, why in the world would anyone buy one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12