factory seat covers

If you order seat covers for your boat from the factory is it something you can do yourself or does it have to go to a upolstry shop ? For a 20i

2. Member
    I ordered replacement skins from the dealer for my last boat a zx225 and got them fitted by an upholstery shop... however i would probably have a go myself the next time i have to. If you struggle you can always drop them off somewhere right
    Current: 2006 ~ 20i ~ 250 HPDI ~ T1-25p
    Previous: 2005 ~ ZX 225 ~ 250 HPDI Phase III - TXP 26p

3. Member
    How much do seat skins run?

4. Member
    Last year I got skins for my 20i and it ran about $700. I did not get skins for the rear seat or bow. Skeeter is proud of their seat skins. If I knew it would have been $700 I would have tried harder to find a after market seat cover provider. Make sure you have a jam up upholstary shop. It looks pretty bad if the skins don't fit tightly.

5. Member
    I got the factory replacement covers for mine. Fit is horrible and they don't have the logo. Not the same material or pattern either. Aftermarket seats next time.
    Last edited by rodz; 10-13-2017 at 07:42 AM.

6. Member
    Must be hit an miss mine weren't bad at all. I got lucky as skeeter accidentally sent the seat backs when i only ordered the seat bases and the dealer just gave them to me as the chances of them having another order in that color were slim... I forget what i paid about 200 i think so a full set could run up higher. I can't comment on the newer skins but the older ones were thin.
    Current: 2006 ~ 20i ~ 250 HPDI ~ T1-25p
    Previous: 2005 ~ ZX 225 ~ 250 HPDI Phase III - TXP 26p

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterJohn View Post
    Must be hit an miss mine weren't bad at all. I got lucky as skeeter accidentally sent the seat backs when i only ordered the seat bases and the dealer just gave them to me as the chances of them having another order in that color were slim... I forget what i paid about 200 i think so a full set could run up higher. I can't comment on the newer skins but the older ones were thin.
    I ordered the backs only but they sent the whole set because the material was completely different and wouldn't match the factory bottoms. I was quoted $225.00 for the backs. Final bill was over $600.00 I wasn't happy with that.

It looks like aftermarket seats wouldn't fit right because the back of the factory seats are molded to curved fiberglass.

9. Moderator
    Bought skins for the seat bottom a few years back and they were junk. Didn't fit good different material and their already coming apart at the seams.

10. Member
    Went to the dealer today and they said they cant get seat skins for boats over ten years old.

11. Member
    I have a 2003 ZX225. I just ordered aftermarket seats from bassboatseats.com. I ordered them before 4pm and had them the following day (in Ohio). Paid $399 and shipping was free.
    Attached Images Attached Images