Thumbs Up 2018 Ranger Z520c

After years of driving assorted junk I finally joined the family. So tomorrow is break in day. What should I reasonably expect out of her, ride? handling?. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

2. Member
    Congrats on your purchase. Rangers has a bad rep for being slow (lead sled) but you'll find that's not the case with this hull. You will find its capable of running 72ish with full fuel tank, TX load, and 2 people onboard. While that's nice, this boat is awesome on the trolling motor... I'm running a 25 P Fury 4 blade prop that gets me on plane in about 4 seconds and tops out at 72 . I previously ran a 25 P Fury 3 blade and was able to get 74.5 out of her once. The stock 3 blade took too long to plane off at maybe 7-8 seconds and would blow out just after the bow broke over. It will be sent out this winter for additional PVS holes to improve the hole shot. I'm running both props at 2.5 PTP height. I haven't really played with engine height yet but may just to see if there are any improvements. Good luck tomorrow with the new boat.
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by West By God View Post
    After years of driving assorted junk I finally joined the family. So tomorrow is break in day. What should I reasonably expect out of her, ride? handling?. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks
    Lol Never heard it put quite that way!

4. Member
    Tidewater Bass - thanks for your response.I will probably look into a 25 P Fury 4 blade prop in the future. Thanks!

grimsbylander - thanks but that pretty much sums up my prior boat ownership history.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Good for you on your purchase! When you get a chance, post a picture or two and tell us about your new rig. Everybody here likes a good boat story.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Congrats

7. Member
    Congrats and be sure to post pics. As a complete package, you can't beat Ranger. It took me 12 years of owning another brand to figure that out but I'm here to stay.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke