Thread: 150 ho g2

150 ho g2

Can anyone give me some some insight on the 3 ports in my raker prop? They are closed right now, I've got a ranger z185 and I'm getting 51mph at 5750 rpm at 90% trim with a 22 pitch, keep in mind I'm at 5300 feet elevation. Wondering about the ports on the prop if I should open them or what? Thanks

2. Member
    Those are for hole shot only, if you don’t have at least a 3 second hole shot you might want to open them.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Those are for hole shot only, if you don’t have at least a 3 second hole shot you might want to open them.
    I have a 3-4 second hole shot with them closed, my dealer told me they were for top end, so far not very happy with my dealer, thanks for the info...

4. Member
    Listen to Rodney, not your dealer on this one. Not come across a boat that the grunt of the G2 can not plane easily and have not had the need to play with these vents holes. it would not hurt to try open them (to varying degrees) to see if the holeshot gets worse or better on your boat. If a DPS version too most people rig them too low.

5. Member
    I have the same hull as you with a different top cap and I have seen 61gps alone @6010rpm in the spring and 56-57 @5800rpm with a tournament load and partner in the summer. I have no idea how much your elevation has to do with your numbers but I am running a Raker 24p @3" PTP. My boat actually shipped with a 26p and it had enough torque to still have a great hole shot but under revved up top. Another thing to consider is the accuracy of your trim, mine @100% on the ICON is only at 5200rpm and I continue to bump it up until I reach rpm and speed. It is at the dealer now to have the trim gage recalibrated. Hope this helps.
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    On a raker I'd open them all up...they pull hard, but need to vent...