Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bobs Bayou Black Marina

Are there any options other than this launch to fish bayou black? I wouldn't mind putting in in Amelia but would like to be on the east side. I travel from Prairieville every week to fish Bayou Black area and Bob's is a mess and I absolutely hate putting in there.

2. Member
    Down the road there's Cannon's boat launch. You'll have to go through a small flood gate type deal, but that'll put you in Minors Canal right outside of the Orange Grove area

ETA: Maybe it's not called Minors on that side of the Intracoastal, but that's what i call it
    2009 Ranger Z520, Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    There is an old public launch on bayou black. If you come from Amelia on LA 182 and turn right at the corner in Gibson, it is the road to the right just before you cross the old drawbridge. That was the launch we used before there was a Bayou Black Marina. Damn, I'm old.

4. Member
    Can you give me a land mark or pin it on a map for me, is it by gibson super market?

5. Member
    supposedly there is one on 662 or 90 somewhere at the bottom of lake palourde on the opposite side of the river from the amelia public launch

6. Member
    I come n 398 then hit 662 to bayou black road to get to bobs. I think if you stay on 398 and keep going there is supposed to be one on the right somewhere across from the Amelia public launch.

7. Member
    https://www.google.com/maps/@29.6843....0007888,17.5z

Turn right at Gibson Food Mart then turn right on Old Spanish Trail. About 1/4 mile from LA 182. I don't know how to drop a pin.

8. Member
    I wouldn’t leave MY vehicle @ the Gibson launch. I always launch under the bridge in Amelia. There is also the new Bob Thibodeaux launch on the right off 398 about 2 miles past 662. It is good too.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    I wouldn’t leave MY vehicle @ the Gibson launch. I always launch under the bridge in Amelia. There is also the new Bob Thibodeaux launch on the right off 398 about 2 miles past 662. It is good too.
    That is the one I am referring too, going to look for it on google maps

10. Member
    What's up at Bob's? I haven't been since July. Is it in even more of a state of neglect than it usually is?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Mo View Post
    What's up at Bob's? I haven't been since July. Is it in even more of a state of neglect than it usually is?
    I hate that place, it is so neglected I am almost desperate enough to put in a Droion's and drive by boat to get to Bayou Black. I don't get it, do the numbers, $5 per car at 300-500 cars a weekend (I may be undershooting it). I will not believe that they can't invest in fixing the parking lot and ramps to be nicer. I spent hard earned money on my truck and my boat and every time I leave there it is a mess inside and out that takes hours to clean. Between the dust, mud, & potholes, when it rains it is horrible. Sorry for the rant, but I feel better now. LOL..

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDome View Post
    That is the one I am referring too, going to look for it on google maps
    It’s on the right as soon as you get beyond the woods. You can’t miss it. It has a large parking lot & sign by the highway. I always launch under the amelia bridge if I’m going to the marsh because it puts you about 2 miles closer.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDome View Post
    I hate that place, it is so neglected I am almost desperate enough to put in a Droion's and drive by boat to get to Bayou Black. I don't get it, do the numbers, $5 per car at 300-500 cars a weekend (I may be undershooting it). I will not believe that they can't invest in fixing the parking lot and ramps to be nicer. I spent hard earned money on my truck and my boat and every time I leave there it is a mess inside and out that takes hours to clean. Between the dust, mud, & potholes, when it rains it is horrible. Sorry for the rant, but I feel better now. LOL..
    This is exactly why I haven’t launched at bob’s in probably 15 yrs. & bb is probably the area I fish most. It’s a shame!

14. Member
    Don’t forget the oilfield companies that dock there and pay monthly fees. Bob is rolling in it.

15. Member
    While we’re at it, why not mention all the campsite rentals & the overpriced gasoline the untrailerable oilfield boats are forced to buy there.

16. Member
    I wouldn't launch off old Spanish trail in Gibson. If you do you better have a 4wd truck to pull your boat out. There's no concrete and your trailer will sink 8"-10" in the mud once you get off the gravel. Also theres giant holes right where you back in.

17. Member
    Bob Thibodeaux launch is probably not on Google Maps yet. It is right across from the south pass out of Lake Palourde.

18. Member
    Launch at Cannons and make the run. That mud at BB marina is a bitch to wash off of tires. I hate it.

19. Member
    This summer, with all the rain, there was a big gap forming at the top of the ramps from it washing out. I was afraid I had tore up something the first time I hit it. Now, what would a little limestone cost to fix that?
    Just wait until hunting season cranks up--what a mess.

20. Member
    Just to pile it on, I feel like every time I have to get out of the truck there I'm stepping into a 2 inch deep puddle. It's such a shame because the ramps are angled perfectly compared to the vast majority of other ramps in Terrebonne Parish. Living in town, I just launch at Cannons or the Fire Station. If I had to come from the north, I'd definitely launch at either the Amelia ramp of the new Bob Thibodaux ramp. They are awesome and only a buck for the launch.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast