Striker 7sv dv gps and 5dv gps.

My fishing partner has these two units on his boat. I'm not familiar with them. Can he hook them up to update the internal mapping? As of right now, he's not very happy with either unit and plans to switch brands over the winter.
    1999 Ranger R91 / Mercury 200 EFI.

2. Member
    Striker units do not have mapping and cannot be updated to have mapping. They have a GPS and you can save waypoints and it is possible to share the waypoints. To get maps you need at least an echoMAP unit.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

I told him I didn't think they could be updated. Looks like he'll be getting rid of them soon.

4. Member
    Out of curiosity, why is he not happy with them. I've got a Striker 5 dv and have been very pleased with the unit.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

He can't update the maps. Not much detail on our lakes with the included mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by StratDude View Post
    He can't update the maps. Not much detail on our lakes with the included mapping.
    As advertised, the Striker units do not come with any mapping, so there is nothing to update. They have GPS and wpt functions only.
    Garmin Pro Team

He said he didn't realize that when he bought them. My guess is that he was paying more attention to the price than he was the options. I may sell him my Helix 5's over the winter.