2015 Triton 20TRX ELITE setup

What kind of speeds are y'all seeing with this boat? I need to get a couple more mph out of mine. I'm currently running 69.9-70.5 with a tournament load and two people. Any one getting better speeds willing to share any info??

20trx
    250 pro xs
    25 fury @5800 5900 rpm

2. BBC SPONSOR
    What is your prop to pad height? I've ran a 25 furry, but my worked 26 tempest plus does best. Is that with a full tank of gas and livewells?

3. Member
    I will be watching this mine is around 67 with 2 people

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Even with a 25 furry I've never not hit over 70. Even before I switched to lithiums.. I could have a full tank of gas and livewells and have always hit over 70.. I do not have poles. I did switch to an ultrex. It did slow me down some due to the weight of the trolling motor. I would run best with the furry around 2 3/4 to 2 1/2 below pad. I'm around 640ft above sea level.

5. Member
    Is that hull that different from a 21 TRX ? I have same set up and get 75 alone and 73 with 2nd console and passenger. The 20 is lighter one would figure it would be faster.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by PASCOFISHBOY View Post
    Is that hull that different from a 21 TRX ? I have same set up and get 75 alone and 73 with 2nd console and passenger. The 20 is lighter one would figure it would be faster.

From what everyone has told me the 20trx is based on the xs hull and the 21 trx is based off the hp hull... So yes, they are different hulls.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    What is your prop to pad height? I've ran a 25 furry, but my worked 26 tempest plus does best. Is that with a full tank of gas and livewells?
    I'm not really sure, need to measure and I'll post later. Thank you all for the input.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    Even with a 25 furry I've never not hit over 70. Even before I switched to lithiums.. I could have a full tank of gas and livewells and have always hit over 70.. I do not have poles. I did switch to an ultrex. It did slow me down some due to the weight of the trolling motor. I would run best with the furry around 2 3/4 to 2 1/2 below pad. I'm around 640ft above sea level.
    I did lose a mph or two when I swapped to the Ultrex and took out one of my cranking batteries.

9. Member
    Call Marty at Triton he was very helpful in helping me set up my boat.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

10. Member
    The 21Trx is a faster boat hull.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    The 21Trx is a faster boat hull.
    Why? I don't know much about boat building. Is it the pad or chines?

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

12. Member
    The 21TRX hull design creates more lift than the 20 TRX. It may have a narrower pad too. Weight can be a factor in speed, but there are plenty of light boats that aren't as fast as some heavier boats. The more lift a boat has the faster it will go due to less hull / water contact. It's a hydro-dynamic thing.