Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Yank the 7 off the bow, buy another 9 put it on the bow. Take that 7 and use it for charting only along side the 9 on the console. That way the 9 on the console can worry about sonar and side scan etc. I have a 7 on my bow and its just too hard to read. Looking to do the same setup as i mentioned

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    What should I add to my boat with about $2,000 to blow?
    I already have (2)10' poles, hydro plate, HDS7 gen 3 at bow, HDS9 at console. I'm thinking an electronics upgrade, but on the bow or console? Or maybe put the 9 alongside the 7 at the bow and add a 12 at the console. Or a Minnkota with spot lock? Or ?????????
    I vote a Hummingbird graph at console to run alongside the Lowrance. Mostly for Lakemaster

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp1C View Post
    I vote a Hummingbird graph at console to run alongside the Lowrance. Mostly for Lakemaster
    Check the map selection first. Lakemaster doesn't always have a better map. I run a bird beside a lowrance. The lakemaster is good but overall I wish I would have just got another hds. Since I have the bird I might put it up front for some 360 one day

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Check the map selection first. Lakemaster doesn't always have a better map. I run a bird beside a lowrance. The lakemaster is good but overall I wish I would have just got another hds. Since I have the bird I might put it up front for some 360 one day
    I do the same thing. I have a helix 9 up front and a hds 9. The only lake I fish that the lakemaster is even close to navionics is ky lake and I only get there a few times a year. Granted its awesome linked to the ultrex when I'm there.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

5. Member
    Ultrex, completely agree. Now.... as far as the graph goes, get a 12 at the bow somehow. I have sonar and gps split up top and on the bottom I have downscan from the rear transducer. That is making a big difference for me.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250 / 250SHO
    Brian

6. Member
    MY MODEL: NEW TERROVA 112 LB 60" US2/i-PILOT Edit

Control: Remote and Foot Pedal
    Volts: 36
    Max Thrust: 112 lbs.
    Shaft Length: 60"
    i-Pilot
    Universal Sonar 2
    Speed Control: Variable
    AutoPilot: Incl. on i-Pilot

Max. Amp Draw: 52
    Prop: Weedless Wedge 2 (MKP-38)
    Download Owner's Manual
    Download Installation Guide

As shown MSRP: $1999.99
    Product Code: 1358846
    UPC: 0-29402-04248-7

2011-721ProXp/250SHO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    I would get an Ultrex.

If that isnt something you want then next would be a second HDS 9 so you could do duals at the console, put them side by side so you can do left SI on one and right SI on the other to get an extra wide good look.

I kinda like the adding a HDS9 on the bow and putting the 7 on the console. Probably the cheapest suggestion too. But that 360 bird sounds good.

Here's the list.
    1. Ultrex
    2. HDS12 at console
    3. HDS12 at bow
    4. HDS9 at bow
    5. HDS9 at console
    6. H-bird 360 at bow
    7. H-bird at console (lakemaster)
    8. brakes on 2nd axle
    9. shocks
    10.Tattle Tails/Gold Club in Atlanta

Some thinking to do.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    Trailer add the brakes, shocks should have enough left to do something else

2011-721ProXp/250SHO

How would I get shocks added on now? And brakes? They seam like a relatively cheap add-on when ordering new but as an aftermarket add-on how would I do that?

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    How would I get shocks added on now? And brakes? They seam like a relatively cheap add-on when ordering new but as an aftermarket add-on how would I do that?
    they are very expensive to add later unless you can do it yourself, the shocks need brackets welded, brakes are not to bad to install but the parts cost more than it would to get them already installed from the factory, if you can weld you can do it all for about $950
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    they are very expensive to add later unless you can do it yourself, the shocks need brackets welded, brakes are not to bad to install but the parts cost more than it would to get them already installed from the factory, if you can weld you can do it all for about $950
    That's what I was thinking. Doesn't seam practical to do after the initial purchase.

That eliminates a couple of things from the list.

13. Member
    Ultrex. You'll wonder how you fished without it once you have it :)

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

Oh! I just thought of maybe another option.
    How much does it cost to get into Lithium batteries?

15. Member
    $1200 to $1800 each, depending on the brand. If I remember correctly Relion seemed to be the best.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

16. Banned
    What is the benefit of shocks on a boat trailer? Are you guys riding in your boats while someone else is driving the tow rig?

I could see shocks if our trailers were coil sprung or had light floppy springs AND a light boat, but I fail to see how they will do anything otherwise. The only thing I have ever felt from any trailer is tongue bounce if the drop isnt some where close on the hitch.

17. Member
    Without question get the Ultrex. It’s the best money I’ve spent on my boat. However, without the nice graphs it would not be as powerful of a tool... but you have those. I used mine this weekend chasing school fish in 22’-26’ depths in the wind, when we would find them on the graph I’d hit spot lock and we’d wear them out on jiggin spoons. It was great, boat stays in one place while we fish, re-tie, put fish in livewell, etc. I had a young man with me that doesn’t fish and could not have helped me with the trolling motor, gave me a chance to work with him and he caught a bunch of fish. We had a blast and I couldn’t have done it without the Ultrex in this situation... I enjoy it more every time I use it.

Which Ultrex would I get?
    112# -yes
    US2 -yes
    i-Pilot -yes
    Link? for Humminbird only? I have Lowrance
    Bluetooth?
    Shaft length?

The Bluetooth is just for the heading sensor. If you don't fish big water often get the 45". If you don't fish offshore structure following contours/ledges anf such I wouldn't get the link. I have the link for fishing the ledges on ky and bought a humminbird just for it. Its awesome.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    The Bluetooth is just for the heading sensor. If you don't fish big water often get the 45". If you don't fish offshore structure following contours/ledges anf such I wouldn't get the link. I have the link for fishing the ledges on ky and bought a humminbird just for it. Its awesome.
    Good advice! I need the 52" I wouldn't have another boat without it.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast