Thread: 05 Ranger 521vx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Moderator
    The virtue signaling is strong with this one... Respecting and admiring feminine beauty is far from evil and a silly reason to tell someone they 'need to get saved'. IMO, you've come across as putting others down while looking down your nose from the pulpit with a holier than thou perspective. You won't be saving anyone going at it that way!

2. Member
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...43&FORM=VRDGAR

Justa little redneck, but looks like everybody is enjoying it, but your boat could be as nice as you wanted it to be.
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...0&&FORM=VDRVRV
    Last edited by Jspell; 10-12-2017 at 10:32 AM.

3. Member
    Lord! That was a Tangled mess.. I would get frustrated with that many rods out.
    Mark E Feltner

4. Member
    Well, still haven't made up my mind on the pontoon, but leaning more towards the pontoon. Just have to decide to sell my Ranger.
    Mark E Feltner

5. Banned
    We/ I own a 210 Elite and a 20" Sweetwater pontoon. Two different animals. You'll never be able to effectively bass fish out of a pontoon. Anything over a 5mph wind in a pontoon will have you fighting the trolling motor, they're sailboats. Now if you're going to tie off or anchor... Dan

6. Member
    Dan210Elite, im thinking about putting a spotlock trolling motor on the pontoon, that could be a game changer. Hopefully that will eliminate fighting the wind while bass fishing.
    Mark E Feltner

Spot lock might keep the front of the pontoon in position, but wind is going to blow the back of the boat regardless. So, you might end up having to move from front to rear and visa versa all day long.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

8. Member
    All this wind blowing around a pontoon is crazy, all I know is if I don't sell my Ranger 521vx soon, I won't have to worry about the pontoon.
    Mark E Feltner

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    Spot lock might keep the front of the pontoon in position, but wind is going to blow the back of the boat regardless. So, you might end up having to move from front to rear and visa versa all day long.
    Yep, gonna be very frustrating, unless you tie up to an object or anchor... Spot lock won't work with a pontoon in the wind... Better get 8 trolling motor batteries because that trolling motor is gonna be running from the second you drop it in the water until you shut it off...

Post over on the Pontoon Page also... I it can be done, there's a guy and gal in Texas that have own some major team tournaments (Bass Champs if I'm not mistaken) fishing from a pontoon on Toledo Bend... Dan

10. Member
    I'm thinking if I have the 112lb Terrova with spot lock, it just might work holding a pontoon with the spot lock, as long as I'm facing the wind.
    Mark E Feltner

11. Member
    Keep the bass boat for primary fishing. You will use it more. Old pontoons can be found quite cheap if your willing to put the work into cosmetics. Also quite a few are sold without a trailer but you can pick those up as well fairly cheap. Pick up an old one for a winter project.

12. Member
    Wine and cheese socials are awesome on pontoon boats

13. Member
    Lol. No Wine or Cheeze. Lol
    Mark E Feltner

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarKim 2016 View Post
    Jspell I do agree with the structure find under the water, but me being a Spirit filled Christian man. The bathing suit watching ain't happening. Have a good day buddy. I'll be praying you get saved. Life is So much better, once you are saved, And live it.
    you will catch much more fish on the side of the bank where the bathing suits are.i cant explain why but the fish always bite better on that side.maybe because the bathing suits are mostly on the sunny side.
    keep working,your neighbor thanks you

Quote Originally Posted by itperk76 View Post
    Keep the bass boat for primary fishing. You will use it more. Old pontoons can be found quite cheap if your willing to put the work into cosmetics. Also quite a few are sold without a trailer but you can pick those up as well fairly cheap. Pick up an old one for a winter project.
    This is the best advice so far. Instead of putting yourself in a position for potential disappointment (selling your bass boat, then finding out you don't like pontoon life for whatever reason), get a cheap, used pontoon and try it a few times. If you don't like it, sell it. If you love it, sell the used 'toon, sell your bass boat, and get the pontoon of your dreams.

IMO, a pontoon set-up for comfortable cruising (e.g., cushioned seats around perimeter) do not make great fishing rigs. The seats get in the way of good rail access while fighting/landing fish. My in-laws pontoon seats rotted - I was looking into having them re-upholstered. In the meantime, my bro-in-law removed all of them. Now we love the wide open spaces all the way to the railings, and haven't bothered re-installing them! We installed a couple pedestal seats instead, and bring comfortable patio chairs (which can be moved anywhere) when more people are on-board for a cruise.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MarKim 2016 View Post
    Seriously thinking about selling my 05 Ranger 521vx, with Merc EFI 250hp. Just can't decide. Decisions. Decisions.
    Lets talk about your Ranger and how much you want for it and what it has on it.

17. Banned
    I don't mean to hijack the thread but I just gotta say I don't think I've ever seen a thread that went so far off the rails and then come right back without a hitch.

18. Member
    Put me second in line for the ranger.

A bay boat would be a possible compromise.
    You Don't Know what you Don't Know until you Know.

1984 Champion 201/Yamaha 175
    1986 Ranger 390v/Yamaha 200
    2002 Viper Cobra Coosa 216/Mercury 225EFI
    2002 ProSports ProKat 2200/Twin Yamaha 150HPDIs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12