Lake Hartwell Area

My son is fishing in the National Championship, so the wife and I are coming with to cheer him on. Was wondering if you folks could direct us to some places to eat and also some sights that would be interesting. Never been to your state, but looking forward to it next week. We will be staying in Anderson. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Not sure when you are coming down, but checkout the Clemson football schedule. I believe their next home game is Oct. 28. This will make a big difference on crowd if you go into Clemson, SC to eat at some of the restaurants. Esso club and Tiger town tavern are two good places to eat. Check them out on line. In Anderson there is Summa Joes and Arden's Grill. I'm not on Lake Hartwell, but we are on Clarks Hill down the Savannah river a bit. Hope your son does well in tournament.
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    smokin' pigs BBQ in Pendleton is just a short drive up Clemson blvd from Anderson. You've got your normal chain restaurants on Clemson blvd. There are a few lunch places on the Green in Pendleton also. Where are you staying in Anderson? Good luck to your son.

4. Member
    Super 8 is where we will be staying.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Mama Penn's a good home cooking lunch (meat and three veggies), Arnold's Burgers just up the road from you across from the Theaters. Creekside BBQ. Stop by Lake Hartwell Fishing and Marine and Grady's Great outdoors.