Okeechobee reports?

I’m coming to okeechobee in 2 weeks. I was wondering does anybody have a report other than the water is high. I’ll be going out of scoot driver park. Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Seems like a bunch of tight lip fishermen down there. Or no one is fishing it.

3. Member
    Tight lipped. Everyone who are catching them army talking

4. Work hard fish harder SwampNinja's Avatar
    I've only been out once since Irma, two weekends ago. It sucked. Went south and caught one on a trap on the outside of Kramer.
    Stratos 294 evo Etec 200 HO
    HydrillaGear.com IguanaGraphics.com

5. Member
    Justin- shoot me a pm and I’ll give you a report. Been out about 5 times in the last month.

6. Member
    I want a report too.

Me too- be there next weekend.
    USAF Retired 1983 - 2003
    Ground Radio Technician
    2013 Nitro Z6 115 Optimax

8. Member
    Me too, I'll be there next weekend too! I foresee at least 3 reports coming in a week!

9. Member
    No problem guys, just shoot me a PM and I’ll share what I’ve got. Thx.

10. Member
    (South end)High water, muddy outside, if you go all the way inside and shut down the water smells putrid, fish are on the outside where muddy meets clear, and best bite is flipping, really need this cold front that's coming to hang around a few days, but a couple nights in the 50s up at the lake should get it jump started. Water temps last week were 79-81. This front coming in on wednesday should bring it down into the mid 70s. Lots of smaller fish being caught in traditional areas though bigger fish seem very spreadout and few of them being caught. Gonna be a very windy weekend.
    Last edited by JayLaw; 10-20-2017 at 04:02 PM.

11. Member
    Thanks Jay! Much appreciated. Can't wait to get down there & fish.
    CBM

12. Member
    Tin house House Cove. Watermelon Red Senko's and B&B with blue tail. But that's my report.

Stratos 285XL
    Yamaha VMax 150
    USAF 1968-1989

13. Member
    Hey guys, just got back from 2 weeks there. Fished the north side. Be glad to share what I found and caught them on by pm... Don

14. Member
    Pm sent
    2016 Phoenix 919 10" bobs jackplate with dual 8' blades, 225 merc and 25 fury

15. Member
    Fished the north end out of the Okeechobee city ramp this weekend as i have not been on the north end since May and wanted to see how it looked after the storms. Let's just say...eagle bay is a mess, i went in some areas that i had marked from last year and i couldn't even tell what or why it was marked. Most of those marks now were just open water. I'm not talking flooded water , I'm talking the reeds, the grass, everything is just simply not there. Id say the grass.reedline line that ran from the mouth of Taylor creek to the west end of eagle bay is 60% gone. Still managed a few fish flipping the reeds that use to be well inside but are now basically the outside hard edge. Moved over to check out the chute and south/west side of kings bar. The chute has opened up quite a bit and now has a island of reeds running down the middle of it as the old trail into codys bay seems to have cleared open again, lots of hydrilla in the chute/pass, lack of fish inside as of now. Out front of it on the south side of the bar, the schooling fish seem pretty active. Good swimjig bite if the winds blowing and you get on the right hydrilla line. It was very windy and its days like that I'm totally glad i have dual powerpoles, as i wouldnt have been able to fish the direction i was fishing with them. Had 9 fish on 9 consecutive cast on one hydrilla line, making one specific cast. I wanted to run around over to tin house as well as J/S to see how those areas looked but with the 25 MPH winds i decided ill stick with smaller areas. The best bite was out in the middle of the hyrdilla beds south of the chute/Pass on the wind blown side of the hydrilla. Hoping to make it over to J/S or over to harney pond area next weekend, and hoping this front that comes in tomorrow night gets things jump started for the winter season.