Got a new pellet smoker and got a few questions

Just got a new Cabelas smoker and going to break it in they said to set at 350 for 1/2 hr is there anything else I should do for break in? I am wanting this to last what else can I do to maintain this grill to keep it good shape?
    what is the best general cooking pellet for all around good flavor and does brand matter? Thanks for the info.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

2. Member
    I like the Pitboss brand pellet in competition blend. Also heard lumberjack makes a good pellet. Follow the manufacturers instructions for seasoning the grill before use. Get a good wifi duel probe thermometer. Use your shop vac to clean the burnt pellet dust out of the combustion chamber area on a regular basis.

3. Member
    I’d spray down all interior surfaces with cooking oil and run it at 350 four about 4 hours. This will help season it.

I plan on trying chicken breast to fist try then try steaks then might do roast sat or Sunday. For the steaks and roast should I use the comp blend pellets?
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

5. Member
    I pretty much cook everything with the comp blend pellets....I would do a whole chicken, or two halves unless you don't like dark meat!!

6. Member
    I have a camp chef pellet grill and chicken breast are awesome I use comp blend and hickory I think I like hickory better