Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dale Hollow - day time

Anyone having any luck during the day, yet? I am ready for a good fall jig bite, but I know it's still too early. I can't go this weekend, but have been thinking about the 21st if we can get some cooler weather!

Soon as this summer weather goes away it should be good. It is not good day or night right now.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    Soon as this summer weather goes away it should be good. It is not good day or night right now.
    I haven't been since the full moon in July, and it wasn't very good to me that night, either. Looks like it is supposed to cool off next week, lets hope it sticks.

4. Member
    I have gone to Dale the last 4-5 years in December and had good luck with water temps in the mid to low 50's. I am wanting to go before then as well this year. What does the temp normally get to before they start to turn on?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BttrBn View Post
    I have gone to Dale the last 4-5 years in December and had good luck with water temps in the mid to low 50's. I am wanting to go before then as well this year. What does the temp normally get to before they start to turn on?
    Low 50's to upper 40's is the best. The day time bites gets better around 65-70 IMO. One of my best days last fall was mid October, 75* water temp, sunny and no wind... normally not good conditions for DH. We caught 23 on jigs and swimbaits. Sometimes you just get lucky. I'm sure there's a few to be caught now, if you went. It will be tough, like Imavol said. I go every almost week from Nov 1 til Memorial day.

6. Member
    I'm debating right now where to go and I'm leaning towards Dale,over Cumberland. Is there any fish in the grass?

7. Member
    I'm debating right now where to go Monday and Tuesday and I'm leaning towards Dale,over Cumberland. Is there any fish in the grass?

8. Member
    I'm debating right now where to go Monday and Tuesday and I'm leaning towards Dale,over Cumberland. Is there any fish in the grass?
    Always a good place to start!

9. Member
    I live in Nashville, and have wanted to try Dale Hollow. As a guy who has never been, where should I launch and fish to give me and my 13 year old son the b st chance to catch some Smallmouth?

Quote Originally Posted by noahtn View Post
    I live in Nashville, and have wanted to try Dale Hollow. As a guy who has never been, where should I launch and fish to give me and my 13 year old son the b st chance to catch some Smallmouth?
    Wait until it gets cold. Best time of year to catch smallmouth on Dale. 52 degree water temp or less is my favorite. I like the Dam to Mitchell Creek the best that time of year.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    Wait until it gets cold. Best time of year to catch smallmouth on Dale. 52 degree water temp or less is my favorite. I like the Dam to Mitchell Creek the best that time of year.
    ^^^^^ This. Once it hits 50 degree's the Hollow gets to be real fun to fish. I love being on the lake in the winter with a float n fly rod and catching those big ol' fat girls.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

12. Member
    But Just for kicks, if a guy was going in the next week, what could be expected as far as largemouth in the grass and I'm assuming the brown ones will be in 30'+ ??

13. Member
    But Just for kicks, if a guy was going in the next week, what could be expected as far as largemouth in the grass and I'm assuming the brown ones will be in 30'+ ??
    I'd imagine you could find some LM in the grass. There may be some mats in the backs of creeks and pockets, since the water has come down. Also, look for the grass just below the surface and throw a spook over it. If you want some brown fish throw a football jig, deep.

14. Member
    10-4, I'll leave a report if I go

15. Member
    10-4, I'll leave a report if I go
    Please do. I've already decided I am going on the 21st regardless of the weather.

16. Banned
    I'm going the 21st also. I'm hearing good reports from friends and family.

17. Member
    Went yesterday, started about an hour before sunrise (not that it mattered because it was foggy until after 10) caught around 12-15 fish in main lake grass on top water and a spinnerbait over the grass. Most fish were 12-16". Once the fog cleared went to fishing docks and caught one about 3 lbs and another solid 16" shallow in the back of a pocket in isolated grass. Ended on a bluff and caught a few small brown ones. Nothing too exciting but it scratched the Itch.

Went yesterday, started about an hour before sunrise (not that it mattered because it was foggy until after 10) caught around 12-15 fish in main lake grass on top water and a spinnerbait over the grass. Most fish were 12-16". Once the fog cleared went to fishing docks and caught one about 3 lbs and another solid 16" shallow in the back of a pocket in isolated grass. Ended on a bluff and caught a few small brown ones. Nothing too exciting but it scratched the Itch.
    Not a bad day at all.

19. Member
    That's a good day! You could have said you got skunked I'd still go. Its been to long.

20. Member
    Any updates ? Water temp? May go Thur or fri

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast