Bullet guys need your help!

So I just put a 2008 250 Pro XS on my 21xdc. Motor has 390 hours. Starts and idles great! First time I used it I had no problems. Second time I took it out I ran about 5 minutes and shut down and fished for 30 minutes. Jumped to another spot about 2 minutes away and everything was fine. Went to leave that spot after 30 minutes of fishing and it wouldn’t come out of the hole. Started cutting out really bad almost like it was in limp mode but was throwing no alarms. After a few more trips there’s no consistency. Sometimes it does it coming out of the hole. Other times it comes out fine and starts in at 30mph sometimes 40 and sometimes 50mph and other times not at all! Sorry for the long post. Guys on the mercury board had no input but figured you guys might have an idea.

If there’s no alarms...I would look at the fuel system first. Tracker valves around here have been a big deal. Also something simple....make sure when you shut your back lid it’s not crushing the bulb....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Bulb is out of the way. It has to be fuel related

Check those fuel rail diaphragms

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member
    What is your water pressure? I had a similar problem and it ended up being the gasket between my power head and mid section. Just a thought

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie22 View Post
    What is your water pressure? I had a similar problem and it ended up being the gasket between my power head and mid section. Just a thought
    Well im waiting on a part to get it hooked up. So I’m not sure

7. Member
    +1 on the fuel system. Check the pulse pump, will not hurt to rebuild it. May have crud from old merc fuel lines in it.

8. Member
    I bet its your compressor

9. Hagen
    What about the first run of the day. Is that when it runs the best then gets worse from their?
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

10. Member
    Yeah the first one is normally fine.

11. Member
    Tracker valver and diaphrams are either good or bad. I would check coils first.

12. Member
    Turned out one of the boost pumps looked like it had been used in a sewage pond lol

13. Member
    Got the boat running and on the water. Me and my son went for a test run and it was ruining 78-79 and my water pressure gauge was over 30 psi. Time to start adjusting the motor

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 21xdc95bullet View Post
    Got the boat running and on the water. Me and my son went for a test run and it was ruining 78-79 and my water pressure gauge was over 30 psi. Time to start adjusting the motor
    WOOHOO 80 up next

15. Member
    Yes for sure! That was also in white caps