Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    Why not just order one 36v battery and if it's not enough order another one? It's not like it won't work for a normal fishing day. I would not be spending another $2k+ on the worry that it might not last enough that one time down the road when you have to keep the TM at 80% all day. Frankly, if I'm having to run the TM that hard I'm worn out by lunch time or trying to find a place out of the wind or current some.
    Good question Marshfly! Will one 36V lithium battery run a full 8 hour tournament? 36V pulls less than a 24V too. If I only need one 36v battery to fish a tournament all of the sudden the price of Lithium just became realistic. -Mike
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by tap_tap_boom View Post
    Good question Marshfly! Will one 36V lithium battery run a full 8 hour tournament? 36V pulls less than a 24V too. If I only need one 36v battery to fish a tournament all of the sudden the price of Lithium just became realistic. -Mike
    3 12v 100ah Battle Born's with my promo code come in just under 2400 shipped to your door.. That is if u have room for 3 group 31's.. If not 3 50 ah can be had with my code for just under $1600 shipped to your door. They are a good bit smaller in size than the 100ah. That is as affordable as it gets for lithiums that I've seen. Just thought I'd throw that out as a couple other options.
    Last edited by Buck456; 10-13-2017 at 06:30 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tap_tap_boom View Post
    I think you'd be surprised how long it would last if you added a Yandina Trollbridge to keep them charged when you move spots throughout the day. You have to remember that pretty much the entire 40 amp/hours is available to use since there is virtually no downside to running them down to almost zero and they will give full voltage while doing it. I literally just bought a set of 3 Group 34 AGMs from Sams today for my boat to hold me over until I was ready to put the $1600 on the 50amp BattleBorns. But they will definitely be my choice when it's time.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

So, when you go read up on the Lithium batteries on their respective sites. They say they are good for at least 2000 cycles. SO, lets say you go fishing 50 times a year. That's a lot in my opinion. So, if you take 2000 divide that by 50, that equals 40. Does that mean they could potentially last for 40 years? Am I doing the math right?

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    So, when you go read up on the Lithium batteries on their respective sites. They say they are good for at least 2000 cycles. SO, lets say you go fishing 50 times a year. That's a lot in my opinion. So, if you take 2000 divide that by 50, that equals 40. Does that mean they could potentially last for 40 years? Am I doing the math right?

I asked Battle Born how long my batteries would potentially last. They told me 10 to possibly to 15 years. I'd be happy with 10 personally. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

At 10 years the price of the Sam's Duracell AGM's I run and am very happy with would cost 1333.00 to replace them ever 3 years for 10 years. To run Battle Born for the same amount of time would cost 1600 for a 10 year life span. That's a 267 dollar difference for the same amount of time. So it would basically cost me 267 dollars to remove 80 pounds from my rig. We all know performance is not cheap. That's 3.33 per pound.......lol

7. Member
    Good deal lol

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Say they just lasted 10 years.. The extra cost would only be $26.7 A year over a 10 year period k-Dawg.. Just something to think about.

9. Member
    Anybody know if you can mount lithium's on there side?

Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    Say they just lasted 10 years.. The extra cost would only be $26.7 A year over a 10 year period k-Dawg.. Just something to think about.
    Yes, I agree 100%. Now I just gotta convince the wife!!!!.............lol

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Yes, I agree 100%. Now I just gotta convince the wife!!!!.............lol
    Tell her how much more fuel efficient your boat will be with them. Also how much faster you will get to your fishing hole and it will save run time on your motor..

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    Tell her how much more fuel efficient your boat will be with them. Also how much faster you will get to your fishing hole and it will save run time on your motor..

Like how the new Ultrex and Solix 15 and Solix 12 just came with the boat lol. Yeah...

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by merc106 View Post
    I pulled this pic off of Battle Born's Facebook page. It's an install in a camper. So I'd say yes the could..

This a link from Battle Born's site that states they can as well..
    https://battlebornbatteries.com/life...ting-position/

Screenshot_20171014-143209.jpg
    Last edited by Buck456; 10-14-2017 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by merc106 View Post
    I have three Relion 50ah lithiums mounted on their sides, stacked on top of each other. Been that way for 4-5 years with no issues. I do have padding between each battery.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TKB View Post
    I have three Relion 50ah lithiums mounted on their sides, stacked on top of each other. Been that way for 4-5 years with no issues. I do have padding between each battery.
    How do they last for all day trolling? I'm assuming you're using them for a 36v TM. I've been contemplating going that route but keep hesitating pulling the trigger because if they aren't enough I'm in a tough spot.

I bit the bullet and bought 4 battle born batteries

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by SP1973 View Post
    I bit the bullet and bought 4 battle born batteries

I done the same as you. I bought 1 battery first to try it out. I was impressed and decided to order 2 more to have a set for my trolling motor. Thanks again..

18. BBC SPONSOR
    How do they last for all day trolling? I'm assuming you're using them for a 36v TM. I've been contemplating going that route but keep hesitating pulling the trigger because if they aren't enough I'm in a tough spot.
    I have tried to kill 2 36v 30AH Lithium Pros and have failed to do so. I've fished 8 days straight without plugging them in.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    I have tried to kill 2 36v 30AH Lithium Pros and have failed to do so. I've fished 8 days straight without plugging them in.
    Do you have them set up to charge from the outboard?

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Do you have them set up to charge from the outboard?
    Yes, I do have the DC Charger but in my typical tournament situation I make a 50 mile run to my spot and then stay on the troller all day until it's time to make the run back to weigh-in so I don't see much charge time thought the day.

Yesterday I spot locked in the middle of the river in a 50,000 CFS current for 2.5 hours and they held strong with minimal discharge.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast