Draw tournaments on conroe, rayburn or close in late oct, early nov?

Fairly new to the area as moved here a couple of months ago from the Rockies and finally starting to figure these green fish out some as had a solid last 10days or so. Looking for a draw type tournament somewhere between the 26th of October and the 18th of November. If you know of any on Rayburn or within about two and a half hours of Conroe please do let me know as looking to go as a co-angler as I learn a little bit more about these southern fish. Thank you.
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. Member
    I am not sure if there are any the rest of the year. You might want to look at the Ram Opens to be held on Rayburn and Conroe next year, be a good opportunity to fish as a co. You also have the BFL Cowboy on Rayburn and Toledo starting in January. Good luck to ya.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

3. Member
    Happen to know of any smaller ones before year end? Thank you

as for "draw type" I think the only ones are the RAM or BFL. Those start early next year. Just keep an eye out for Team events on Rayburn. I have no idea about Conroe.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Hard part is - how does a guy find a team partner to fish with? Just try to meet a few guys and see how it is fishing with them?

I just ask because where I came from only one of the 4 main trails was team style so not use to the team thing as really like the "learning and meeting" new people aspect of draw tournaments as well as levels the field a little in my mind when you are new to a lake/area vs fishing against a "Rayburn Dynasty" TEAM.

6. Member
    Draw events are real uncommon. Find a partner. It’s really about your only option. And if you jump into the fray on Rayburn or Toledo just expect to donate and take an ass whipping until you learn the lakes.

If u need a partner in the Fall ask me, I'll fish.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

9. Member
    Has anyone fish the bfl trail or know who tourney director is for cowboy area? Just looking for someone I can bounce a couple of questions off of about format and draw. Thank you.
    I checked into the ABA tournaments listed above as they look like a great option but the tournament director mentioned they usually only have one or two co-anglers per tournament and so therefore I presume you are fishing against the boaters which makes it pretty much a donation situation as tough to consistently do well from the back of the boat relative to boaters. ;-)