Need advice for Cheatham Lake

Anyone fish Cheatham County Lake much and have any advice for me? I have only fished it twice and I plan on going back later this week. About a week ago I fished for only about an hour, tried fishing low hanging trees and stumps on the main channel with plastic worm. Today I tried Sycamore Creek. I worked shallow stumps and trees with top water baits, spinners and worms.

Any advice is welcome. Also where are the crappie on Cheatham Lake?

Thanks

2. Member
    We fish Johnsons creek quite a bit because it is close to the farm we hunt. Have fished all the creeks around there and even the Harpeth. Too be honest, I've never had a ton of luck. I have done better in Johnsons creek though, than anywhere else. Hope that helps.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noahtn View Post
    We fish Johnsons creek quite a bit because it is close to the farm we hunt. Have fished all the creeks around there and even the Harpeth. Too be honest, I've never had a ton of luck. I have done better in Johnsons creek though, than anywhere else. Hope that helps.
    Thanks. Everything I have heard is that it's tough fishing and you have to know the how and where, unlike Percy Priest or Old Hickory.
    I'm hoping to get some insight from someone that fishes it pretty often.

4. Member
    Technically Cheatham Lake is the entire stretch from Old Hickory Dam to Cheatham Dam. In the area from Briley Parkway bridge on the West side of Nashville all the way to Ashland City, fish any sort of current break you can find. Of course this means that current needs to exist and in the past few weeks there has been virtually nothing flowing out of Old Hickory.