American Bass Angler Northern IL 2018 Schedule

I wanted to get our schedule for next year out early so everyone can plan ahead.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Michael J. Koenig

2. Banned
    Link to your website please?

3. Member

4. Member
    slonezp, I fished this trail this year and have nothing but good things to say. goaltender8 (Mike) runs a good tourney, all the guys that fish this division are decent guys. First year tournament fishing in a long time and enjoyed myself immensely. It is a draw format but you get to use your boat regardless. Give it a try.

I'm down in Louisiana right now for the National Championship. Day 1 is Wed. and I can't wait to get going.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goaltender8 View Post
    I wanted to get our schedule for next year out early so everyone can plan ahead.
    That schedule looks great! Well, except Braidwood

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sayner View Post
    slonezp, I fished this trail this year and have nothing but good things to say. goaltender8 (Mike) runs a good tourney, all the guys that fish this division are decent guys. First year tournament fishing in a long time and enjoyed myself immensely. It is a draw format but you get to use your boat regardless. Give it a try.

I'm down in Louisiana right now for the National Championship. Day 1 is Wed. and I can't wait to get going.
    Nice to know. Only lake I have fished in the list is Braidwood and it's been awhile. Been fishing tourneys on the Fox Chain since 2004 and things have changed over the last few years, good, bad, and indifferent. My kid has mentioned trying something different for a couple seasons now.

7. Member
    I live, literally, 5 minutes from the Fox Chain and if you gave me Chain sticker for free I wouldn't fish there. Too many better options in the area.

8. Member
    Besides braidwood everywhere else really sucks. We truly do have some of the toughest fishing up here. It makes it more exciting to travel to places like St Clair and catch toads!
    2001 Triton TR21 w/ 2008 Mercury 250 Pro XS

9. Member
    Besides Braidwood? Really?

10. Member
    JSKv99 - you need to get out and fish some of our events. Two times last year it took over 17lbs to win on the Des Plaines/KKK. Mill Creek is a good drive, but the fishing is very good there. And the Mississippi Pools have all recovered nicely over the last few years. I appreciate all the nice words sayner. Too bad we all didn't do better at Nationals, next time!
    Michael J. Koenig

11. Member
    Mike, regardless of the results, I still enjoyed it immensely! Thanks for the work you do running our circuit. Can't wait 'til April, even if it is at Braidwood.

Besides Braidwood? Really?
    I really like Braidwood except for the ridiculous amount of fishing pressure there.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    I really like Braidwood except for the ridiculous amount of fishing pressure there.
    Haven't been there since prior to the restocking and addition of fish cribs. We were lucky to get one or two decent bass during an outing.

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Haven't been there since prior to the restocking and addition of fish cribs. We were lucky to get one or two decent bass during an outing.
    Probably worth it for you to go there in March when nothing else is open but you could spend the drive time to take yourself to much better places the rest of the year. For me, it is an easy 45 minute drive and my best option if the big lake is too rough so I keep going back.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

15. Member
    As much as I dislike Braidwood, it is a decent option in March. Living in the north 'burbs though, not sure it's worth the drive.

16. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Mill Creek is a beautiful area to fish regardless of the outcome of the fishing trip.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

17. Member
    As much as I dislike Braidwood, it is a decent option in March. Living in the north 'burbs though, not sure it's worth the drive.
    At that time of year there’s not anything better really. Though I wouldn’t go if there’s snow
    Nitro z21

18. Member
    Braidwood is definitely a Lake you love to hate. I love how it fishes but hate how shallow (and the rockpiles) it is. It's usually our biggest turnout. And its always scheduled as early as possible for low water temps and pressure. The "wood" has a lot of big fish, usually takes over 10lbs / 3 fish to cash.
    Michael J. Koenig

19. Member
    No Mike, just hate. Not a bit of love involved.