Thread: Question?

Question?

Guys I have it narrowed down to three boats and purchasing one in the next couple of months and two are Phoenix boats 721 and 920 and a Ranger 520 Going to say from what I've been told and what I'm seeing phoenix is 75% and Ranger is at a 25%. I know what the speck sheet at the top of the page says But the 721 deck looks shorter than the 920 to me. Is the 920 that much better of a boat? I haven't gotten to pricing yet but the package deal on the 721 has my interest. I'm coming out of 04 procraft 210 super. So use to a narrower front deck. EX Ranger guys why did you switch? is the ride just that much better? Why other than deck with and length of boats choose the 920 over the 721? performance difference? Different style of hull? Speed isn't my greatest concern because mine with a 225 opti only does 60. Guys thanks in advance!

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    The 920 has more expensive standard options.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Really? All I can find is the two bilge pumps, units and trolling motor/charger but with the package deal that goes away? Any that i'm missing the nema harness and ethernet cable should come with the package deal I believe. The stainless phoenix logo not a big deal and tool holders? culling system?

The '17 and up are wider than earlier models. To me, it's a fantastic rig for the $$$$. I would have went with a 721 over my 919 if the new deck design was offered in '16. You can't go wrong and boils down to your preferences. Good luck!

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speckandred View Post
    Really? All I can find is the two bilge pumps, units and trolling motor/charger but with the package deal that goes away? Any that i'm missing the nema harness and ethernet cable should come with the package deal I believe. The stainless phoenix logo not a big deal and tool holders? culling system?
    yes that Package is a great deal and it does fill in the gap on some of the other options, as far as other differences,
    there is the Integrated wiring system, the wench and jack upgrade on the trailer, but most of the other differences is related to Lowrance like LSS2, Point one, NMEA and ethernet
    I agree the 721 is a Great Deal, you will be very pleased with either one.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    I'm still trying to decide between a 721 and 920 myself. Coming from a Ranger I'm used to a wide front deck so I'm leaning 920 even though there's not alot of difference in the 2. But that $4500 price difference is tough to let go of

7. Member
    Ok so the 721 package doesn't come with the lss2 and nmea and ethernet! cool good to know. What is the integrated wiring system vs how boats are normally wired?

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Ok so the 721 package doesn't come with the lss2 and nmea and ethernet! cool good to know. What is the integrated wiring system vs how boats are normally wired?
    the integrated wiring is for someone who plans to runs lots of electronics and gadgets such as myself, it starts with a master disconnect for the main battery that has circuit breakers for a jack plate and power poles, the master switch kills power to the entire boat, it has an additional 6awg and 8awg main wire to a blue sea 12 space fuse box located in the starboard rod locker, this is a blank fuse box for connecting graphs and lights, stereos , ect.

the standard wiring is a 10awg wire run the the main power switch and controls everything, it does have a circuit breaker panel for each accessory
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member

i emailed Jeff at Phoenix last week about it and this is his repl

The integrated harness ties the grounds to a buss bar and all the hot connections run through a module to make the installation of the battery connections a lot cleaner. WE also run an extra fuse panel in the rod box for any additional wiring add ons later. All of the bilge connections are run through a separate labelled plate mounted to back of transom to ease in troubleshooting.. Without it the battery simply has a lot of connections direct and the connections for bilge components are direct to each item
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    the integrated wiring is for someone who plans to runs lots of electronics and gadgets such as myself, it starts with a master disconnect for the main battery that has circuit breakers for a jack plate and power poles, the master switch kills power to the entire boat, it has an additional 6awg and 8awg main wire to a blue sea 12 space fuse box located in the starboard rod locker, this is a blank fuse box for connecting graphs and lights, stereos , ect.

the standard wiring is a 10awg wire run the the main power switch and controls everything, it does have a circuit breaker panel for each accessory

Got it!

11. Member
    The extra bilge pump and the integrated wiring system can be added onto a 721 when ordered. I did that on my 2017.
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

12. Member
    is the ride just that much better?

YES!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 14decoys View Post
    is the ride just that much better?

YES!

That's what i'm hearing! Can anyone answer the ride question 920 vs 721? I understand the 721 is longer but is one superior to the other?

14. Member
    I loaded up a lot a of extras to my 721. The only thing it doesn't have is the integrated wiring. The boats will be close in performance. The new 721 have wider front deck, not as wide as the 900 series though. Its really what you want.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

15. Member
    920 here..love it

16. Member
    Going to have to crawl all over them soon. Sounds like I can't go wrong. Just going to have to take a day and get to know both boats. Thanks guys!

17. Member
    Going to have to crawl all over them soon. Sounds like I can't go wrong. Just going to have to take a day and get to know both boats. Thanks guys!
    That's what I did. Went to the dealer and they gave me a few rods to put on the deck so I could see how each laid out and then I crawled all over and thru them. Me personally, with the new raised deck that's a little wider, I don't think you can beat a 721 for the money. I would have to look hard at the 20phx though.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    That's what I did. Went to the dealer and they gave me a few rods to put on the deck so I could see how each laid out and then I crawled all over and thru them. Me personally, with the new raised deck that's a little wider, I don't think you can beat a 721 for the money. I would have to look hard at the 20phx though.

Ya I like the day box and center storage. I'm assuming the phx does cost more as well

19. Member
    Yea the phx is more money. I'm still in the air on the center storage. I looked at a 21phx and the storage is so long that I didn't like it. It seemed it would end up being a pain to get to the back of the box from sitting on the step up. You, well atleast me, would have to lay down to get back there. If the 20phx has a little shorter front storage it might be ideal. The problem would be reorganizing all my crap. I have my 721 laid out how I like it but I'm sure I could get over that. Maybe I will find out in a year or 2