Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC

Question for Mr. Jones????

I was wondering if a complete wired Ultrex foot pedal could be purchased minus the steering cable harness? I would like to use it to fabricate a spotlight sensor for it and also see if I can trim some of the back corners to fit my foot well in my boat. That way i won't compromise the original pedal.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    I was wondering if a complete wired Ultrex foot pedal could be purchased minus the steering cable harness? I would like to use it to fabricate a spotlight sensor for it and also see if I can trim some of the back corners to fit my foot well in my boat. That way i won't compromise the original pedal.
    Don't be scared Craig....you need to borrow my dremel?
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

3. Member
    By complete wired, I'm assuming you're talking about with the heading sensor and control board intact, but not the wiring harness that contains wires/steering cable going to the transmission.
    If so, it can be purchased in "pieces" but not as a unit. I can price you the pieces if you wish.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Yup, that's what I'm talking about Mr. Jones. Sure, let's see what that would cost
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Don't be scared Craig....you need to borrow my dremel?
    You've got nads let me tell ya!!! lol!!!! I had my dremmel out with the metal plate off the bottom when I first got my Ultrex but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Depending on the cost of a complete pedal ready to be swapped over I may just do that AND it would already have the new circuit board; hopefully.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Member
    Why not buy a broke used one (if they sell cheap) and rob all the parts you need for a complete system?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Why not buy a broke used one (if they sell cheap) and rob all the parts you need for a complete system?
    That's a good idea too. Wonder if there are any broke used Ultrex TM's out there yet?
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

8. Member
    The footpedal assembly with the control boards and wiring harness to the transmission is $650.00 for 36V and $690. for 24V. To price it out individually without the control cables would be about the same price.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

9. Member
    the 24volt is more expensive?

billnorman had a good idea too......do you ever come across broken/used stuff Mr. Jones??
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

10. Member
    I wondered why the 24V was more expensive also, and still do not know why. These are too new to come across broke/used.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

11. Member
    700 bucks for a wired foot pedal.....gonna have to wait til I get an extra stash of cash for that.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

I was told that the spotlight scan would work on the Ultrex. Now if the modification can be made be sure to post a complete parts list, video [high definition], notes, blunders and such please
    Last edited by Jim Dunn; 10-12-2017 at 05:17 AM.
    I got nothin

13. Member
    haha......ok. I see no reason why it wouldn't work because it is a cable driven TM. Obviously, the only drawback is fitting the position sensor to the underside of the pedal.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

14. Moderator
    Do you really need the position sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Do you really need the position sensor?
    Apparently, without it you wouldn't know if you were looking sideways, backwards or forwards.
    I got nothin

16. Member
    the spotlight transducer has an arm that is on a pivot which attaches to the base of the footpedal. This arm connects with NMEA2000 to the spotlight transducer telling it which position the trolling motor is pointing and also indicating the trolling motor is "sweeping" which activates the spotlight and aligns the screen correctly on the depth finder. The Ultrex footpedal is made in such a way where the arm cannot be attached to the base of the footpedal to allow it to pivot as the footpedal is moved. The steering sensor board is in the way for this to happen, not to mention "if" electrical interference from the NMEA2000 would mess with sensor board.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]