Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by limitlong View Post
    Good looking cat. Does it have a 150 or 200? Have you got a top speed yet? I'm thinking the new classic may be my retirement boat.
    It has a 200XS. I'm having to learn how to drive it!!!! Way more than I'm used to.

IMG_20171011_181506_147.jpg Here she is!!!! I'm very impressed with it. It rides and handles great. Fishes good too. It will roll with that 200XS on it. I'm afraid of it......I don't really know how fast it'll go.

Quote Originally Posted by stratos90 View Post
    Here she is!!!! I'm very impressed with it. It rides and handles great. Fishes good too. It will roll with that 200XS on it. I'm afraid of it......I don't really know how fast it'll go.
    You have to stroke {trim} a Cat slow or she will bite you. If the tail gets to whipping {Chine Walking}, tuck it back just a bump or two and all is good.

He's riding around highrock with a great big grin!!!

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishandfowl loco View Post
    He's riding around highrock with a great big grin!!!
    At least now we don't have to worry about him catching anything since he won't stop riding enough to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    At least now we don't have to worry about him catching anything since he won't stop riding enough to fish.
    Lol!!! I couldn't catch much before I got it!!!

Yes I am!!!

8. Banned
    I bought a 2004 Basscat Cougar FTD with a 250x years ago. I was coming out of a 18' Skeeter with a 150Vmax. When I bought it the guy I bought it from said he didn't know the top end speed. Said he had never been much over 70. I thought how in the world do you own a boat and not know what the Top end speed was. So I when down to Badin and it was in the fall and there wasn't hardly any boats on the water and I took off down the lake. I ran around from a few minutes then got brave and opened her up. Went it hit about 72mph on the GPS she got really crazy loose and I almost wrecked it. It scared the piss out of me and I thought well I know why the guy sold it because there was something wrong with it. I tried repeatedly to get over 70 that day because I had heard about chine walking but had never actually felt it. I really thought something was wrong with the boat so I took it back home and check every connection on the engine to insure something wasn't loose. I then returned back to the lake the next day with full fuels tanks. After several failed attempts I was finally able to get it on pad and somewhat learn what to do. After just a few more trips to the lake in became like second nature and was very easy to drive. In the end that boat would GPS by myself 84.3 and would GPS with 2 people 81.5 all day long. It was a pure beast to ride around the lake in. Someday maybe I will get back in one of those Cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I bought a 2004 Basscat Cougar FTD with a 250x years ago. I was coming out of a 18' Skeeter with a 150Vmax. When I bought it the guy I bought it from said he didn't know the top end speed. Said he had never been much over 70. I thought how in the world do you own a boat and not know what the Top end speed was. So I when down to Badin and it was in the fall and there wasn't hardly any boats on the water and I took off down the lake. I ran around from a few minutes then got brave and opened her up. Went it hit about 72mph on the GPS she got really crazy loose and I almost wrecked it. It scared the piss out of me and I thought well I know why the guy sold it because there was something wrong with it. I tried repeatedly to get over 70 that day because I had heard about chine walking but had never actually felt it. I really thought something was wrong with the boat so I took it back home and check every connection on the engine to insure something wasn't loose. I then returned back to the lake the next day with full fuels tanks. After several failed attempts I was finally able to get it on pad and somewhat learn what to do. After just a few more trips to the lake in became like second nature and was very easy to drive. In the end that boat would GPS by myself 84.3 and would GPS with 2 people 81.5 all day long. It was a pure beast to ride around the lake in. Someday maybe I will get back in one of those Cats.
    Wow!!!!

10. Banned
    Get with JRisco on here, he'll be able to tell you how to set it up properly and get the most out of it all the way around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12