Jack plate for a Crestliner

I have a 2012 Crestliner VT 17 with a 75 Optimax. I've had a new 4 inch set-back plate sitting around here for a few years now. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if there will be any advantages to mounting it on this boat? If nothing else, it will give me something to do in the garage this coming winter!

2. Member
    Try it and see. Could see some improvement with some prop work along with the plate surely.

Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    Try it and see. Could see some improvement with some prop work along with the plate surely.
    Agree, will help with drivability for sure.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

4. Member
    Check with starfox101. I know he has a 4 inch plate on his. Great guy I have pm him some.

You may want to check with Crestliner first. They told me that adding a jackplate will void the hull warranty.

6. Member
    If you are not concerned about your warranty, throw on a jack plate and send your ecu to Simons Motorsports and she will fly.

7. Member
    I agree with alanhore. you wont be disappointed
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro

8. Member
    I have been doing some measuring in preparation for putting a jack plate on my 2013 VT17. There are four bolts that may give you problems with the mounting of a plate. They are on the transom in the area the plate will attach to. These bolts I believe are for knee braces or transom braces. You may need to find spacers or a narrow width plate to help clear these bolt heads. Just a heads up.