Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is why I keep complaining about HBPC and their interface/management system

The program I use was created well over a decade ago and has so much more it’s like using a flip phone or a smart phone

Anyway you deal with HBPC you are just looking at a bunch of number like a spreadsheet or computer code and I’m sorry google earth is not the answer – first “Its google” second it’s nothing like the charts on your unit

Nothing beats seeing your data on your PC’s large monitor just like you see it on your unit and the ability to edit it easily and quickly

Just highlight an area and it will grab all the waypoints/tracks/routes in that area so you can delete, edit or copy to a new file

Or if you found a great drift highlight a track and cut out that small segment and save it for the future

Not to mention how much this benefits you in prepping for your next trip out when you can look at a map with your waypoints/tracks and allow you to plan/create a file for your day on the water based on actual data you have taken the time and effort to obtain

I love Humminbird as a company and their sonar systems are the best bar none but they really need to bring their waypoint management into the 21st century and I hope they are watching this and finally decide it’s time to replace HBPC

There has been so many improvements in software that they could come up with a program that is so good it could increase sale just because of it

Attachment 300041
    Attachment 300030
    Last edited by MichAngler; 10-12-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    "The handicapped angler"

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    It shows track segments now unless I'm misunderstanding your comment. This image is from GE PRO uploaded from HB PC 4.5.5

That says SEGMENTS, but they are not. . ., HBPC 4.5.5 still does not track-segment:
    Here is boatlane track with track-segment:
    RealBoatlanes by Britt Byrd, on Flickr

Here is HBPC 4.5.5 making Google Earth KML and you can see the track-end-points are connected:

HBBoatlanes by Britt Byrd, on Flickr

This overlay of both will better show the incorrect HPBC connected track-end-points making false paths:

HB-RealBoatlanes by Britt Byrd, on Flickr

3. Member
    Thank you for showing those images...really helps to see the difference.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12