Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Where/how are you converting the file(s)??? Im not sure i follow you on this....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    I am using my HDS unit to convert the file.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

3. Member
    How do you turn off a sonar chart? If i have a sonar chart open for one body of water and then the next day go somewhere else that i have a chart for i would like to turn off the old map just to free up some memory space.

4. Member
    At work and reading this thread. Can you record sonar and sonar chart live at same time?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisntab View Post
    At work and reading this thread. Can you record sonar and sonar chart live at same time?
    On a unit with two memorycards, yes. On a unit with only one, it can be done theoretically by using the internal memory or by saving the sonarlog to the Navionics-memorycard, but I would not recommend doing that.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post
    How do you turn off a sonar chart? If i have a sonar chart open for one body of water and then the next day go somewhere else that i have a chart for i would like to turn off the old map just to free up some memory space.
    Sonarchart Live is not connected to the subject in this thread, so I suggest you post that question in a new thread or one of the many threads about SC Live. But to answer your question, SC Live is saved to your Navionics memorycard, not the internal memory. But if you want to turn it off anyway, it is done through the menu on the right side of your screen. Simply uncheck the SC Live-box.
    Last edited by Team Colibri; 10-25-2017 at 01:41 AM.

7. Member
    Not sonar chart live but the .SMF file bottom chart and yes I understand the confusion.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post
    Not sonar chart live but the .SMF file bottom chart and yes I understand the confusion.
    Not trying to stick my nose in where it isn't wanted .... just trying to provide an answer to your question.

According to the operation manual I got with my Gen2 Touch, anytime you are working in the saved mode, all saved files on the SD card in your unit, will be shown on your chart. It mentions using different SD cards for different lakes. Or a different card for scans you may have done of the same area.

I don't have a problem with having separate SD cards for different lakes, but it sure would be nice to select which saved files you want displayed. I have a couple of saved structure map files of the same area on a lake, and both show on the chart at the same time. Gets kind of cluttered.

One thing is for sure though .... structure map is a very cool and helpful feature. I love being able to drive my boat icon right up to a big underwater stump, with no need to put a way point on it.

9. Member
    If that is true then maybe i just have not had enough stuff open to see this. I would assume then you can just click on the stuff to trun it off. I am truing to aviod like you say cluttered screen and eating up space.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12