Ballpark cost to ship trolling motor

Have a 80lb Terrova 60” I’m debating selling. Obviously it will vary but what should I expect to pay to ship this thing? I don’t have a business account or anything at ups. If its outrageous I’ll have to try and sell it locally.

2. Member
    I don't know what kind of price you should expect to pay, but if you try www.uship.com theres a place you can enter the info about the item you want to ship (dimensions and weight) and they will give you competitive prices from several carriers.

3. Member
    I sent a fortrex from Ohio to Alabama for like $60 ups
    Lowrance Pro-Staff
    Picasso Outdoors
    PowerTeam Lures
    Red Dirt Baits
    Boing Lures
    E Custom Baits
    Full Throttle Tackle

4. Member
    I think you should advertise it for free on Craigslist and let the buyer come get it. They're awkward and heavy and get broken a lot shipping in anything but the factory box and padding.

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I think you should advertise it for free on Craigslist and let the buyer come get it. They're awkward and heavy and get broken a lot shipping in anything but the factory box and padding.

Few months back I shipped a 36V Minn Kota from MI to FL and cost 84 bucks via UPS

Note I took over a day to pack the motor with a bunch of packing material (likely a couple of extra pounds) to avoid any shipping damage

Got a factory box from the local boat dealer
    "The handicapped angler"

7. Member
    When shipping, you have to find the proper box. For both FedEx and UPS, the box cannot exceed a total of 129" when you add the length, plug 2x depth, plus 2xwidth. On a 60" shaft that is hard to do. If it goes over the 129", then you will be charged for a "virtual" weight that will cost you about $100 - $150.00 additional charges. Also, destination makes a difference on shipping prices. You can go to FedEx and put the zip code, box size, and weight in an get an estimated shipping cost.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

When I sold my fortrex...finding a box big enough was a pain.