Trolling motor/battery ?

I have a 195txw tracker with 55 minnkota which moves the boat great for the way I fish!!My question is will upgrading to a 24v motor with two batteries hooked in series verses keeping my 12v system and hooking up two batteries and hooking them in parallel keep me on the water longer between charges?Which way is more cost effective in the long run???

2. Pat Goff
    “C”
    Run three batteries and head down the road.
    Trust me you are going down a path many have walked and all regretted.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

Todays digital 24v systems are far superior in several ways than the older 12v analog systems. Since either of these scenarios you inquire about are using two batteries ( you're not trying to save space or weight) you should go for the most efficient system digital over analog. That is the most simple answer. To make a proper recommendation you would need to tell the size of boat you are fishing out of.There are other factors such as the # thrust you have now enough for the boat weight it's on, do you fish a lot of moving water, is there a lot of weeds and grass. Are you happy with your TM performance when fully charged?

2 in series will last longer under the same conditions, less amps to move the boat .4 mph on the new 24v system than a 12v
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Upgrade to 24v and go for 80lb Ultrex.....you'll thank me later!!!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fastman151 View Post
    Upgrade to 24v and go for 80lb Ultrex.....you'll thank me later!!!