Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Garmin 93sv transducer help

Just got my first garmin 93sv I’m having trouble with picking transducer I don’t fish no deeper then 50 foot all fresh water bass fishing I’m more worried about having clear side view and down view so what my best Option GT 40 GT 52 or GT51 this willl be mounted on trolling motor also thinks

All three are pretty good. If you want great imaging get a ps21 to go with your Echo map. Combined with any three of your choices you will be a fish catching machine.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Depends if your 93sv is chirp or not.
    If is non chirp, then the transducer would be the GT40.

If it is chirp, then go with the GT52 - the GT40 is not chirp 2d, and the GT51 is for deeper applications.
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

4. Member
    No it’s a chirp thanks for help

Comes with a transducer.

6. Member
    Yea but is it the cv or gt ? I’m not sure yet won’t be herb till tomorrow

7. Member
    I have a 73SV no -chirp. Mine came with the GT40. If yours is non-chirp, it'll have the gt40 with it.

Either the CV or GT should be fairly similar in Di performance
    Last edited by MonteSS; 10-17-2017 at 07:19 PM.

9. Member
    It’s chirp

10. Member
    They came with a GT52 last year (93sv chirp). I think the 52 is rec'd for freshwater situations such as you describe. I remain very happy with mine.

11. Member
    Ok so got my garmin today but transducer says Cv52 isn’t that bad transducer thought good ones say GT ?

12. Member
    Ok so I’m kinda mad bc this unit new so why do have cV transducer in box are all the Ser #numbers match with box and bags that come with it ? Really kinda pissed now

13. Member
    I have pic of tag but don’t know how post it with iPhone

14. Member
    Do a search on the lawsuits. My understanding is they have to ship the CV as bundle but unfortunately I don't think they sell without a transducer. You can look at the Cv as a free transducer I guess. I just got a 22tr and also bought 93sv chirpand have not tried the cv yet. I will see what the cv looks like before getting the GT52

15. Member
    If you don't fish any deeper than 50 ft the CV transducer will be very functional. 2d is chirp, SideVu on the CV and GT is near identical. There is some interesting and long reading about all the CV GT stuff. There is a credible argument that the CV is better on SideVu than the GT. There was general agreement that the GT was better on ClearVu/DownVu, particularly in deeper water than you mentioned since it has a separate down element and the frequencies for down and side can be separated. For the CV transducer, when using ClearVu you will need to adjust the settings to get stronger returns.

One of the things I learned from all this debate is that some of the accepted interpretations are not accurate. For example, it is generally accepted that when you see a return on both the left and right sides of side imaging that the return is actually more under the boat, if not directly under the boat. Sometimes that may be true but you can't bet on it. With a PS30 clearly identifying the location and distance left or right quite often I see a return that is quite a distance to one side show up on both the left and right panels of SideVu.

Don't form any hasty conclusions. Remember the story about the blind people all standing around an elephant and touching different parts of it and trying to describe the elephant based on the one part they are touching. Sometimes I think that is what we are doing.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=827658
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 10-15-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Couldn’t have said it any better than that. I have both and honesty can’t tell any difference in my application as a bass fisherman who at times will drift to the dark side and fish for trout. CV or GT get one on your boat and go fish.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

17. Member
    hooked it up and just used cv I don’t see diff but the side view is sweet on these units wow and chirp insane I had hds gen 2 9” and this garmin blow it away I don’t no I’ve already ordered gt so ?

18. Member
    Well since you are going to have both, please report back what your experience is.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

19. Member
    Will do ...

20. Member
    Post #15, very well stated, sir. And I look forward to hearing from the PA gentleman when he can compare ducers and post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast