Thread: T1- tempest

Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar

T1- tempest

Currently turning a 25 t1 5950 and great performance on a fx21 skeeter. Wondering if there is a more durable prop out there that I could tweak to get similar performance and be more durable. Looking at a tempest. Thinking a 27? Not sure figured I’d ask

2. Member
    25 pitch

I didn't have any luck with the tempest on mine....I tried the 25 and a 27 and neither performed well enough that I even took note of what they ran... They 27 barely even got good lift....I ended up buying a spare Solas 24 that runs 5600 and 70... But has good control... The smaller diameter props didn't perform very well for me at all...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

4. Member
    The Tempest WILL need to be worked to perform its best on the Skeeter. It will work best if it has been worked specifically for that rig.

5. Member
    I would try a 26 tempest . 27 might be a little tall for a 21 ft skeeter . I run a 27 on a basscat puma . Loaded I can turn it 5950 . I'm only running a 3 battery system and no poles . Mine has been worked to accomplish that . running a Yamaha sho 250, prop 1.5 below pad . .

6. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Interesting. Maybe a 26 and some deep cup

7. Member
    I have a 25 worked tempest on a 2017 fx21 running 73 I have a worked vmax t1 as well from steves prop shop and it only runs 71 those are real world no bs numbers 30 gallons of fuel loaded

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyWhitson View Post
    I have a 25 worked tempest on a 2017 fx21 running 73 I have a worked vmax t1 as well from steves prop shop and it only runs 71 those are real world no bs numbers 30 gallons of fuel loaded
    I'm still trying to get my 27P Tempest setup but still have a little blow out when breaking over...do you have an issue with that? Also the Tempest has been worked and B&B.

9. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rouse4 View Post
    I'm still trying to get my 27P Tempest setup but still have a little blow out when breaking over...do you have an issue with that? Also the Tempest has been worked and B&B.
    With the smaller diameter, that’s why I was thinking a 27 would be better. I could see a 25 tempest blowing out fairly easy

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    With the smaller diameter, that’s why I was thinking a 27 would be better. I could see a 25 tempest blowing out fairly easy
    As long as I don’t floor it all the way out of the hole it does not blow out. Still playing with setup but 72 @ 5700 is not to bad loaded and full of fuel.