Looking for a little help with updating my console

PHP Code:
    [PHP
    [/PHP]I am new to this forum. I finally got the boat of my dreams a couple of years ago, Anniversary Edition 223, unfortunately 6 months after I finally got it I was in a motor vehicle accident which put me out of commission for almost 2 years. Fast forward to present I am really ready to get back fishing. I am looking at updating the electronics on her. After some back and forth, pros and cons, I have decided on what I want. The problem is the boat was built in 2000 and this is 2017. All the new boats come with a big screen in the console and that is about it. The picture below is my console. I am thinking of taking out the Lowrance and the speedo and covering the holes with something. Then mounting the new unit on the flat spot above the trim and water pressure.

I am am looking for pictures and ideas of what other Champion owners have done.

Thank You

Terry
    Champion 223

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Banned
    Take it to a local machine shop and have a piece of aluminum cut (multiple finishes). They can lay it out and cut what holes you want or leave it so you can do it yourself when you get the electronics you want.

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Terry, I think most of our gang use mounts on the gunnels instead of trying to modify the console by cutting. Your call....

And welcome to the forum!!!!!! Glad you joined us!

Welcome Terry , check out Precision Sonar (Board Sponsor ) for alternative to cutting console for electronics mounting

2009 ELITE 210

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL LO View Post
    Welcome Terry , check out Precision Sonar (Board Sponsor ) for alternative to cutting console for electronics mounting
    ^^This. Maybe someone has done it and has some pics. I definitely wouldn't cut/modify the console.
    Champion 206
    250XB

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkennimer View Post
    ^^This. Maybe someone has done it and has some pics. I definitely wouldn't cut/modify the console.

I do not want to cut or modify my console. I am thinking about removing the speedo and Lowrance and covering the holes then mounting a Humminbird Helix 7 over the covers. If I pull the tach then I could put a Helix 10 across the top. I have a VMax OX66 225 so I believe the motor will not talk to any thing I put on the console.

This is a pic of a boat I found online. I do not know what mount is being used. I am having trouble adding a pic so here is the website of the picture.

https://www.louisianasportsman.com/l...e_ad&id=795453
    Last edited by Champion 223; 10-07-2017 at 11:18 PM.

7. Member

Finished the install with Balzout mounts now just waiting on wire grommets. Shane at Balzout custom milled the first knuckle so they would fit up next to the windshields. I built supports for the 2 console’s. Stopped all the movement.

8. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 12-22-2017 at 10:30 AM.

9. Banned
    You see someone running down the lake with their head hanging out the side you know who it is.

10. Member
    I’m 6’4. I can see over the top no problem. I just loose the bottom half of my trolling motor and front deck. The angle of the pictures makes it look way worse than it actually is.

11. Member
    We are looking for ways to mount 15 solix in the dash are of our 203. Not an easy mount to find
    Last edited by DrCFishing; 12-12-2017 at 08:50 AM.