Dobyns New Ultra High End Series

Read yesterday in the monthly Dobyns newsletter
    that there is going to be a new ultra high end series launched around February 2018.
    Very excited to hear this. Wonder if this is going to replace the extreme hp series or be a true new series?
    Any idea of pricing, models offered yet? Thinking it would be worth upgrading some of my hp series when they are available. Anybody know anything about these rods?

2. Member
    Years ago there was supposed to be a new rod line released called the Zeta series or something like that. There was an issue with some resin used in the rod and it was never released. If they release a new line I bet it is something around $500. Loomis has their new Conquest line coming out as well so probably something they can use to compete against NRX/Conquest and other high end rods.

3. Member
    This series has got to be 5 years in the making. The "Zata" (might be spelled wrong but I'm close) was supposed to be in the NRX price range but died when true fishing purchased the rights to the resin they were going to be using. There were a few prototypes and according to a few it was an amazing rod. Really glad they finally figured it out. Can't wait to get one.

Looking forward to seeing and fishing these new rods.

5. Member
    Dobyn’s makes the most complete rod lineup I have found. I am sure I will own one of their high end rods to match all my current Dobyn’s.

6. Member
    Another challenger to the GLX/NRX? Will probably fall short like all of the others.

7. Member
    Never was much impressed by Dobyn's higher end offerings. I thought the original champ extremes were some of the most over rated rods out there, especially considering the price.

I still have a couple production rods, but these will probably be so expensive i'd be better off building another custom or two.

8. Member
    Actions were nice and I do like their graphite crankbait rods but the extremes just lacked sensitivity in my hands of other high end rods.