Thread: Toledo Bend

Banned

Toledo Bend

Hi guys,
    I am part of a group of guys that goes on a spring fishing trip every year. . It started in 1991 as a college spring break trip. We have gone to fork 20 of those years. Add guntersville and chick to that mix. This year we have decided on Toledo bend. The first weekend of April is out as one of the guys has a prior commitment. . Would you guys go early in April or wait until the end of April/early may for post spawn/grass/frog fishing fun?
    I'm on vrbo looking at houses. Just looking for a little feedback on a time frame.
    Thank you
    Tom

2. Member
    The height of the spawn is generally mid March. It starts to get pretty hot in May.

3. Member
    I would be going the first weekend of April, you would be hitting the tail end of the spawn with maybe some still on the beds, more chances of them green fishes to be up in the shallower water. As far as the grass goes, there is no way to count on it being around or not as everything depends on the winter weather and how much rain we get next spring. This year I was noticing fish really coming up shallow 2-3 weeks into January, February and March are usually the best months for great shallow water action. I live and fish around the mid lake area and grass is very hard to come by around, have not been south to be able to speak for that area.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

4. Banned
    Housen is chalked full of matted hydrilla right now.