Popeye's cajun chicken

Sorry guys this isn't a recipe or anything however I was just wondering if anybody had tried Popeyes Cajun chicken and absolutely loved it for the price considering that it is fast food. We are supposed to be getting a Popeye's in the near future in my neck of the woods is why I'm asking.
    Scott Inman

2. Member
    Living 50 miles from where it originated, hell yes it's good. The sides are insane. It's all good. Just fatty as all get out.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

3. Member
    Yes it's great. I drive by a KFC, Bojangles and Chick Filet and travel six additional miles one way to eat at Popeye's.

4. Banned
    Popeyes is better than kfc...both are greasy. Popeyes less of the 2.

5. Member
    Popeyes is good stuff
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

6. Member
    That cajun gravy.....................

Our Popeyes is not good. Ate there a few years ago shortly after they opened and it was the worst chicken I have ever had, not only dry but not a good taste. Wife and I decided to give it another shot a few months ago, it was not near as bad as the first time but I was still not impressed. They have obvious success with the chain so I am thinking it is just the one here.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

8. Member
    Our local Popeyes franchise has done poorly in our area. Bad food and management are to blame. Bojangles gets the nod around here. KFC is .

Popeye's is going downhill fast around here. There's one not far from work so about once a year I forget how bad it was before and go in there. The whole place has a sort of unkept look...dirty tables... out of napkins...out of tea....more rude and disinterested than the usual fast food workers, and the chicken pieces are so small I'm not sure if it's chicken or parakeet.

I'll go to Chicken Express or KFC before I'll go to Popeye's.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

10. Member
    Our's is hit and miss. Sometimes its great. We like the fact that they actually put spices in the food. However, sometimes the food simply needs to be thrown away. You never really know what you are going to get. But when it it good, it is really good.

11. Tired of muddy water Texas Rigs N Jigs's Avatar
    They just built one right around the corner from my house. It is good.
    -----------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Stephen

2014 Bass Tracker 175TF w/ 75 Mercury

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Texas-Rigs-...11968965774371
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7...7y0GgICAVeTZww

12. Banned
    Used to like it. Not good here

At one time (early 80’s) you could get a cold beer with your spicy chicken (dine in only)..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

14. Member
    The only thing I like there are the biscuits, which are insanely good.
    2013 Pro Team 190
    2013 Mercury 115 Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota 70# Edge
    22p LightSpeed Prop
    Humminbird 898 at console
    Humminbird 598 at bow

15. Member
    Ate at one the first time yesterday it was very good a little pricey for fast chicken but good.

16. Banned
    Our Popeye's had a very strong manager, and the chicken is great. My problem is slow getting food at noon on Sundays when there is a rush hour. Duh! Crank more chick chick out at 11:45.

17. Member
    I also live closer than 50 miles from where it started and I pass one everyday on the way to town. It is less than two miles from my house. I have never been in the place. Too greasy for me. Al Copeland started the franchise. He lost his a$$ back in the 90's on some bad investments and lost Popeyes. It's been downhill from there.

18. Banned
    We had two Popeyes here at home around '04, built at the same time. Food was good but every other time we went they were out of chicken. Never heard of a chicken place that was out of chicken. They have since reopened a new one and it's good and they have chicken every time. Eat there once a week and I'm hooked on the popcorn shrimp with red beans and rice.

19. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    I have eaten at Popeye's all over the country. I find that it can be a hit or miss! I lover the spicy chicken and some places the spicy chicken is just not spicy at all. Lots of places out side of Louisiana don't carry the onion rings! But for the places that carries the O.R's they are the best!!!!