Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by jml View Post
    Tried sitting in the middle does help. Lot of river ramps very uneven.
    Back in the day I used to launch from a ramp in Valley Forge Park on the Schuykill River. That ramp was too steep and tilted, a total disaster! I basically winched the boat onto the trailer, but that was a smaller boat and I was a younger man back then!
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

If I can get 12 inches of the bunks in the water I can load it ..
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Would be useful if some RT188 owners could post some videos.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Would be useful if some RT188 owners could post some videos.
    115 PRO XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Back in the day I used to launch from a ramp in Valley Forge Park on the Schuykill River. That ramp was too steep and tilted, a total disaster! I basically winched the boat onto the trailer, but that was a smaller boat and I was a younger man back then!
    I can bounce my 165 Sea Nymph, RT 188 a little to heavy.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

6. Member
    I have been having issues with the bunk boards flipping with my boat loaded when it comes out of the water. I get it centered and as I'm driving up the ramp, out of the water that's when the bunk boards flip. I took my boat to the dealer, Diamond Sport Marine at Lake Fork, last weekend. They are going to call Ranger and see if they have any solutions because they have had a couple of other boat owners call about the issue as well.

7. Member
    CarnageCowboy85, can you elaborate on "bunk boards flipping"
    Semper Fi

8. Member
    There is only one bolt in each of the brackets holding the board to the trailer. So the board pivots downwards about 90 degrees and the metal brackets rub the underside of the boat. When the boat is loaded, one board flips and causes a severe lean where you cannot safely tow it.

9. Member
    Tighten the bolts up
    Semper Fi

10. Member
    Really you think I haven't thought of that! I'm a 250 lb 30 year old male that works in the maintenance field. I've actually used half-inch drive ratchets and put Loctite on it myself to no prevail

11. Member
    Mine sit rock solid. If they are moving around then maybe the bolts are not tightening the l bracket against the mounting plate.
    Or maybe some how you are loading boat on top of one of the ribs and it is causing the bunk to move?

And I have no Idea what you have thought of!
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by CarnageCowboy85 View Post
    Really you think I haven't thought of that! I'm a 250 lb 30 year old male that works in the maintenance field. I've actually used half-inch drive ratchets and put Loctite on it myself to no prevail
    This is a Ranger Trailer?
    115 PRO XS

13. Member
    The first time it happened I thought it was just a loose from the factory. But the second time it happened I knew the bolts weren't the right size I think they're a little long so I ended up adding a washer and a lock washer but it did not work. I think the problem is the ribs and The Bunk Boards have zero tolerance between them the ribs set on the edge of the board. I think they need to move the boards over a couple of inches just to have a little leeway. When I took the boat in to get service at the dealership is when I found out other people we're having the same issue . I'm guessing it's because of the ribs and The Bunk Boards are closed but I have no idea . I thought about adding new Bunk Boards myself but it's still wouldn't give me enough room I think the brackets were welded in the wrong spot . You're right you don't know what I have thought of, I understand some people in the world don't have common sense. I'm not mad at you.

Im at work so i cant take a pic ,but mine are similar to these...they cant turn but so far either direction
    115 PRO XS

15. Member
    I can see how it will provent the board from flipping. I don't know how mine is different of the top of my head but mine will rotate all the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12