Bought new seats... Now need to mount... Tell me how

Just received my seats from bassboatseats.com. Curious how others who have replaced their seats with a different mfg went about it. I didnt think about mounting them when I purchased or I would have also ordered some type of mount etc. Any recommendations?? Slider / fixed / shock mount ????

Thanks.

Prolly gonna have to provide pics on where seats go in boat....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    My boat is setup about like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    I guess im just looking for ideas and different mounting options that I may not be aware of. Such as if there are any mounting methods that allow for some sort of shock absorber etc. Not a necessity but hey while im going to this much trouble why not.

If they are going in a bassboat, then probably no room for any appreciable shock mounting system underneath the seat. Raising the height of the seating surface can create issues - knee clearance under console and steering wheel, etc. Same with any sort of slider (not much room or need to install one) - unless you are really short and need to move the seat forward, it's probably easier to add a steering wheel spacer to bring the wheel closer to the seat.

One-piece buckets like that have a removable cushion insert so you can bolt the seat directly to a mounting surface, right? Not much else for mounting options there, other than perhaps a hinge along the front edge.

6. Member
    WOW I am an idiot... I totally forgot that the cushion is removable and I can screw it straight to the boat.. LOL My original seats use a hinge so you can flip them up and some rubber bump stop type things in the rear. My guess is they provide a little cushion when hitting waves. Might try to replicate something like that with maybe springs or something almost like a riding mower.