Thread: Another thought

Banned

Another thought

Looking for my old Champion and bringing back memories of it brought up a question. Now that Mr.Power is working with Charger is a dry lay hull a option like Champion did?

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Looking for my old Champion and bringing back memories of it brought up a question. Now that Mr.Power is working with Charger is a dry lay hull a option like Champion did?
    A dry lay anything is never any good
    I got nothin

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn View Post
    now that's funny.........and true as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Banned
    I had a Champion with a dry lay hull that I want back bad enough I have found the hull number and am paying to have it located. Just curious if since he did them at Champion if it was something Charger might do also.

Only a phone call away for the answer. Or call Ulrich Marine and talk to Kelly.
    I got nothin

6. Member
    WTF is a dry lay hull?!

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT196 View Post
    WTF is a dry lay hull?!
    TOC or someone with more boat building experience can explain it better. When they build the hull they shoot the resin with a dry lay instead of just letting to dry they roll it out to remove excess resin. You get the same hull just a light version. The Champion I owned was built as a demo boat. It had a dry lay hull, drilled stringers, and shaved box lids.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    TOC or someone with more boat building experience can explain it better. When they build the hull they shoot the resin with a dry lay instead of just letting to dry they roll it out to remove excess resin. You get the same hull just a light version. The Champion I owned was built as a demo boat. It had a dry lay hull, drilled stringers, and shaved box lids.
    Kinda like an acid dipped body on a drag car, just to reduce weight? My question would be why? A Charger may never be as fast as some other boat. But the Charger will out fish them for comfort. You not going to be more comfortable having spent more money to go fast, I don't think. Lastly, unless a company was specifically in the business of "dry laying" (still a poor term in my opinion. Reminds me of high school dates) would a hull would it be warranted?

Now I'm going to my quiet place and remember my high school days
    I got nothin

9. Banned
    You need Pat Goffs expertise on this. He’s talked about the black hulls, glitter hulls and hulls made in the summer all being heavier by up to 100lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You need Pat Goffs expertise on this. He’s talked about the black hulls, glitter hulls and hulls made in the summer all being heavier by up to 100lbs.
    It's pinned at the top of the Champion forum. A fun read. I'm only part way thru the first page and he's already saying that you could buy a "dry lay", still hate that designation, hull with drilled stringers. Salesmen had it in their book.
    I got nothin

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    yep I talked with him about it when I owned it. I was their when my family member bought the boat brand new at the Tulsa boat show. Salesman kept saying it's a custom build not for sale changed his tune when Dean pulled out his check book.

12. Banned
    Kinda like an acid dipped body on a drag car, just to reduce weight? My question would be why? A Charger may never be as fast as some other boat. But the Charger will out fish them for comfort. You not going to be more comfortable having spent more money to go fast, I don't think. Lastly, unless a company was specifically in the business of "dry laying" (still a poor term in my opinion. Reminds me of high school dates) would a hull would it be warranted?

Now I'm going to my quiet place and remember my high school days
    :

Pervert......

Not sure about anyone else but after owning one if I ever ordered a boat I would ask about it. Just curious if Charger ever did them or if with a Champion guy there that has done them if it is even a possibility. I said it was a thought didn't say it was a good one.

13. Member
    One of my buddies ordered a "light layup" 190 in 1991, he still has it, no problems with it after all these years. It is garage kept and only gets out once or twice a year now for the last 15 years, but is still maintained and looks new.

14. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Pat has probably forgotten more about building boats than 99 percent of the people on BBC. Not putting anyone down at all, it's just that he knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    Pat has probably forgotten more about building boats than 99 percent of the people on BBC. Not putting anyone down at all, it's just that he knows his stuff.
    From what I waded thru in his post, I whole heartedly agree 100%
    I got nothin