Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saskatchewan Canada Trip

Leave in one week for my annual Saskatchewan waterfowl hunting trip. Been lucky enough to go 18 straight years without missing a year. Going to be up there for two weeks. Looking forward to the prairie and the great people. Going to be a long week at work...

Cool. How does that work? Do you hire a guide, hunt public land, find friendly land owners?
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

That would be a blast. How many shells you bringing?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Sounds like a blast! Enjoy it!!
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Cool. How does that work? Do you hire a guide, hunt public land, find friendly land owners?
    I have always freelanced. No problem to get permission to hunt on private ground. It might be a little tougher than it was when I started going up there due to more local hunters and a few more guides in the area. I don't shoot as many shells as I used to because I don't hunt snow geese anymore up there. I am pretty content for a couple of us to shoot our 8 greenheads a piece and a few Canada geese a day dry feeding in the fields.

6. Member
    That would be a blast. Hey I just left Murray for work any chance I can ride with you? Lol

Real question I have is 8 per day what's your possession limit or how many can you take back home?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfishrman View Post
    That would be a blast. Hey I just left Murray for work any chance I can ride with you? Lol

Real question I have is 8 per day what's your possession limit or how many can you take back home?
    I never bring any back. I clean them and give them away. I do keep some to grill every night or two.

it is a 27 hour drive back home and I have no interest with fooling with birds when I get home. There is paperwork you have to fill out at the border if you bring them back. The requirement is also that you have to leave a feathered wing attached. I just wait to kill what I want to put on the freezer when I get back.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    That would be a blast. How many shells you bringing?
    I will take two flats (20 boxes). That should be plenty since I am not planning on doing much snow goose hunting. That is where you can burn the hulls up since the limit is 20 per person per day.

9. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Good luck, my buddy and I keep talking about it, but haven't gone yet.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

10. Member
    Sounds like a lot of fun, good luck and have a safe trip.

11. Member
    Just got back on Thursday afternoon. Killed a limit of 16 greenheads and 3 big geese and then headed back to beat some nasty weather.

The weather was in the sixties the first week on some days which kept the birds from hitting the fields. On one day two of us killed 16 greenheads while hunting in 35 mph sustained winds gusting to 50. Another day after the weather got a little better, I managed to find a good bunch of geese. Invited some locals and we managed to kill our limit of 48 Canada geese and 7 snows.

All in all it was a great trip. Killed a limit of ducks every day except for the day we goose hunted and one other day when nothing flew. Scratched out almost 100 geese. The people were nice and the prairie was beautiful. I saw moose, mule deer, white tail deer, a badger, lots of bald eagles and golden eagles, and a snowy owl.

Already looking forward to next year...
    Last edited by Ky-triton; 10-27-2017 at 11:07 PM.

12. Member

13. Member

14. Member

15. Member

16. Member

17. Member
    That sunset pic is amazing.. Looks like you had a great trip. I am jealous and want to go back there now......

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    That sunset pic is amazing.. Looks like you had a great trip. I am jealous and want to go back there now......
    It was a good trip. That was actually a sunrise photo on the last day. That was a good day since we killed our limit of greenheads, had a couple of nice geese come in and saw the snowy owl as we were leaving the field.

19. Member
    For me, that would be the trip of a lifetime. Congratulations on your hard work and good fortune.

20. T Dub
    Awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast