2017 zx 250 going back to factory

has anyone here had to send there boat back to the factory factory for gelcoat issues?

2. Member
    What kind of gel coat issues?

3. Member
    two stress cracks and a repair that was done at the factory on the top deck. Re
    pair was denied to do it locally

4. Member
    I had a 2006 ZX300 that I bought new in 2008. It went back to the factory in 2009 I believe. I had a crack under the trolling motor that I'm pretty sure I caused by leaving the trolling motor down. I was also having issues with the threads in the seats falling apart. I met them at the owners tournament on Lake Fork. They took the boat back to Kilgore with them and did the repairs. A week later they called and asked where I wanted the boat delivered. I decided to meet them 1/2 way to pick it up. It was a painless process for me.

Of course, that was a few years back.

5. FX210
    Not my Skeeter, but I had a Nitro back in the day that went back for transom leak issues. They sent me a new boat(old motor and trailer) in a different color. Wised up and went to Skeeter.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman01 View Post
    two stress cracks and a repair that was done at the factory on the top deck. Re
    pair was denied to do it locally
    What is your specific concern or question?

7. Member
    my concern is that they are going to try and repair the the top deck where they screwed up in the first place, and if they do replace the top deck with new one that there will be other issues when it gets back to me. stress cracks are nothing but ripping apart a 2 month old boat is not

8. Member
    I hear that there a many issues from several manufacturers, especially within the last 5 yrs. I'm not sure if it is the materials, process or a combo of both. maybe just a fluke but I hear of many less issues about older models w/o wood

Was at factory 6 weeks for soft floor spot..they buffed out hull blemishes nicely and repaired a small bow crack....

my 9th Skeeter and most expensive was BY FAR my worst for fundamental issues (all 1st 20 months)...
    MK charger replaced, MK pedal board replaced, troll rope broke 2x so I suggest new owners get the G-cable ASAP and nothing else...
    bait tray bottom caved in and was replaced also...ZX225 2016...

now POWER rocker switch keeps falling off...
    -----
    My 1984 HP120 was a jewel for 16 years and I sold it for $3,500 after maybe 400 days of use.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

10. Member
    I'm sending my zx225 back tomorrow for stress cracks in the bow,stern, and down the port side. They gave me a opinion of sending it back to the factory or using a place in Tennessee that is closer to my home.

11. Member
    I had a 2014 ZX20 with numerous gel and finish issues. I traded mine for another brand.

Sent my ZX225 back for soft spot in floor. They took great care of me. Even added the step up to the front deck. From dealer to factory and back in 28 days.

13. Member
    Yes, had my 2017 FX21LE replaced due to glass issues.

New boat was delivered with a similar condition which they repaired.

Five month saga when I 1st purchased it....