Water Temps in traverse city area

Anyone know what the a avg. water Temps are in the lakes surrounding traverse city? Thanks
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

2. Member
    Charlevoix 68 deg on Oct. 1st also some smaller lakes

3. Member
    Sheesh...that's warm. Are you guys seeing the fish in a fall pattern yet or is it too early still?
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

4. Member
    Last weekend I saw 73 degrees on lakes in interlochen its a little early there.

5. Member
    Suppose to be in the 80s on Saturday...The surface temps may not drop to 50s until November..

last week it was 73-74 on torch/elk - it was 68 by sunday. Fishing was better when it was hot out.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    last week it was 73-74 on torch/elk - it was 68 by sunday. Fishing was better when it was hot out.
    Well, thats something at least. I'm coming up next Friday to Monday with my 16 yr old son, he has never been on a "real" fishing trip before, heck he's never really expressed an interest in fishing so I'm hoping I can put him on fish. More than likely he'll be sleeping on the boat floor until 10am then asking when lunch is.I'm sure glad I was never a teenager.....
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

8. Member
    Not sure the temp on the bay, I didn't have my fishing boat this weekend. I did well on West bay though. I can for sure say they aren't in there fall pattern, but they were biting pretty shallow. Caught them all on tubes and swimbaits.

I will be up there again this weekend as well. I will be on the both bays most likely. White and black Ranger w/ Talons.

9. Member
    I was on East Bay on 9/30 and 10/1 - it was 67.5 in AM and made it to low 68s (68.2-4) in the afternoons - on 10/2 Torch was 67. Caught them on tubes and DS - a few on smaller swimbaits.

Good Luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

10. Member
    I'm getting pretty excited, I have been fishing the Ohio river all year and it has been tough and muddy...and did I say tough? This is my one weekend a year to see clear water. I think I have the lakes picked out, we are going to Green, Long, Skegemog and Leelanau if the wind will allow.
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

11. Member
    Those are all good choices for the wind. I may go to Long as well due to the weather. They should be biting at all of those lakes. Bring your rain gear!!!

Long in traverse or long in alpena?

Also - you may want to start with skeg, its good this time of year for numbers and size and not hard to find fish. The torch river can be good as well. Its one of the few lakes you can probably figure out in a day.

Long (in traverse) has its own challenges and leelanau is pretty darn big - it will be a challenge to figure those two out in just a weekend if you don't have any history there. They produce some big fish and good days of fishing don't get me wrong.

13. Member
    Thanks for heads up! I will be in a yellow Nitro boat (i didnt pick the color...the boat was a good deal) so if anyone sees me stop by and say hi.
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

14. Member
    Change in plans for me, I will be up there but most likely not fishing. I will still keep my eye out for you.

15. Member
    Boy is it a tough weekend for fishing... East wind and cold front! My son and I caught 1 fish on skegemog today and 2 fish on green lake where we are staying. Going to long lake in traverse tomorrow to try our luck on walleye and smallmouth in the morning. Not sure what to do if they aren't biting the usual stuff... Senkos, jerk bait, square bills, etc... Seems the fish are in a funk. But we are having fun and the lakes are beautiful. Hopefully I'll have a good report tomorrow.

Skeg was still 60.5deg Saturday 10/14
    https://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=a2c75a1af14eaa119a16dcf07a6807f9

17. Member
    Was on both bays this past weekend. Both were ~57.

LOTS of boats out. Feel bad for the out of towners, the weather wasn't as good as they were calling for, the wind was relentless. Still caught them really well both days. The bite may start going south quickly, weather is suppose to be much cooler this week.

I hope that wasn't it for me