76xx xsv or HB Solix/Onix

I recent bought a used Phoenix rigged with (2)7612, 7610, and 7608 with P21 panoptix. This being my first bass boat/electronics I admit I'm clueless as to how to use these things. I'm about to upgrade to an Ultrex and was considering changing out my graphs to the new HB Solix units because of the LINK capablities and there is so much more info on using the HB units. The 360 unit also has me intrigued.

But will I be sorry trading out $4000 units for $2900 units?

Is there anyone who has experience with both the 76xx series and the Solix/Onix platform who can give me a fair comparison? As a total newbie I'd have to learn either platform but already feel like I can run the HB better just from YouTube videos. I'm afraid of giving up a potentially superior product though just for ease of learning. This is an expensive decision I don't want to get wrong.

I'm also going to ask same question in HB section to get a broader viewpoint. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Banned
    i used the 7600xsv units and panoptix for 2 years. I recently switched to the solix and 360. you can pm me or email me if you have any questions

3. Member
    I have both Garmin and Humminbird. My PS21 and PS30 Panoptix ducers have made my Humminbird 360 little more than a ornament on my transom. 360 is ok for finding structure. But the panoptix find me fish. SI and DI Humminbird is superior especially with the Mega imaging. 2D and the Panoptix make the Garmin my primary choice for finding and catching fish.

Why not sell some of the Garmin stuff and buy your choice of Humminbird ? I run the two but not at the same time. In my instance I roughly figure I run my birds about 30 % of my time on water. The Garmins about 70%.

Take into consideration I am primarily a panfisherman and most of my fishing is still fishing. Either anchored or tied up to tree , bridge , pier etc. The type of fishing you do make lead to you making different conclusions.

Nothing wrong with using the best of both worlds though no matter how you fish.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig