NRX 895 or Champion extreme HP 795?

Looking for a new flipping rod, debating between NRX 895 and Dobyns champion extreme 795. Wondering how they compare and if the NRX has enough backbone?

The NRX has plenty of backbone, it's significantly more sensitive in my hands than the Dobyns, but the Dobyns does balance better. The NRX 895 in particular is quite tip heavy, but very powerful and sensitive.

3. Member
    I went with the Powell 795 over the NRX 895. Not as sensitive but better balanced. Weight of the Powell is like 5oz. The dobyns has more bling but I was not sure it was any more sensitive then the Powell and neither are NRX. Think the dobyns weights more then the powell as well, costs more. Your mileage may vary.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

4. Member
    I'd go with the NRX. The sensitivity is unmatched.

I have yet to try a split grip flippin stick that wasn't tip heavy,which I think is important flipping a heavy weight all day.The 795 is a really nice rod up to 1 1/2 oz.,the HP series is a nice upgrade over the DX..wish Loomis would come out with a full handle flippin again..would like to try them again

Quote Originally Posted by Frogchunker View Post
    wish Loomis would come out with a full handle flippin again..would like to try them again
    I haven't fished the new IMX-PRO FPR models, but have felt and handled them. They're full grip and really feel good in hand. As more guys start getting these new IMX-PRO rods, especially when the new cranking and other technique specific models start getting out there, a lot more buzz will be generated about them. They're really nice rods...

7. Member
    I would also look at the ALX zolo Powerbolt. Less expensive but not lesser quality.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    I haven't fished the new IMX-PRO FPR models, but have felt and handled them. They're full grip and really feel good in hand. As more guys start getting these new IMX-PRO rods, especially when the new cranking and other technique specific models start getting out there, a lot more buzz will be generated about them. They're really nice rods...
    thanks for the help, I went with the GLX FPR full cork Loomis, Badass Rod!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dehaan28 View Post
    thanks for the help, I went with the GLX FPR full cork Loomis, Badass Rod!!!!
    Glad to see the GLX went back to full handle