Thread: Mille Lacs

Mille Lacs

Headed up there for the first time Thursday. Will launch out of Cove Bay. Does anyone know what the launch fee is?

2. Member
    Maybe try posting in the Minnesota page.

3. Member
    I know I know, just thought I'd start with the fellow Wisconsin basser's first.
    Last edited by stevo6; 10-04-2017 at 09:33 PM.

4. Member
    we were there this spring and almost all the launches around the lake are free.

5. Member
    Thanks for the feedback! Not use to that free launch thing. Good news.

6. Member
    Stayed there in the spring too. Launches at the resorts charge a fee but any public launches are free.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

7. Member
    Public ramps are free
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

8. Member
    Yep Cove bay launch was easy and obviously free which is nice. Fishing for me was tough but when I did catch one it was quality. No giants but a few 4.5s. Caught some nice walleye and quite a few. Heard rumblings from walleye guys about the lake not being as good as it use to be. I was thinking if this is considered bad then good must have been unreal. All those smallies look like they are on steroids. Similar to Door County but I am bias towards DC.

9. Member
    the walleye guys will always complain its no good if they cant keep every 14 incher they catch. truth is that lake is loaded with huge walleyes and a lot of them. the lake has been so over harvested of younger year classes. there isn't a better lake to go to if you want to catch 24 to 27 inch walleyes pretty regular with an excellent shot at a 30". the smallies are as good as they've ever been. only reason guys say it used to be better is because the fish weren't getting anywhere close to the pressure they are now. The fish are becoming educated