99 Triton 180dc Bass Boat Prop Question

Just picked up a 99 triton bass boat with a 125 Mercury Elpto...Came with mercury throphy plis 4 blade ss prop...Has great hole shot but looking for a little more top.end...what do you guys suggest?? Im sure its been asked before so sorry if this is a repeated question..Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    What are you getting as your top end now? What kind of RPM's are you turning?

3. Member
    Well Rpm gauge is acting wacky...so i really dont know about rpms...Right now trimmed all the way up im getting 48mph gps...

4. Member
    The Laser II works good on that 4 cylinder motor. I had a 24P on my TR176 with the 125 motor and was running lower 50's.

5. Member
    Got my rpm gauge fixed today so i will know my max rpms at full throttle...also would adding a jackplate to my setup be worth it...?...And that laser 2 is what i will probably go with

6. Member
    I had a 6" plate on mine running about 4" below pad.

7. Member
    what brand did you have for jackplate?

8. Member
    Kerry this won't answer your question but as an fyi there is a plate on your motor that has max RPM at WOT. Make sure you stay within this limit. It's possible to over rev your motor. Ignore if you already knew this.

9. Member
    Bass Rats yea i knew that...but my question to you is, if i was to run a 23-24 pitch 3 blade ss prop wouldnt my rpms be in safe range?

10. Member
    I think it was a T-H plate. I ordered it with the plate from Triton when I bought the boat.