Gel coat damage under trolling motor arm

Just purchased a boat with a Fortrex 112. I noticed yesterday that the arm (while stored) has roughed up the gel coat.

I'm looking for two things.

1. Some type of pad or skid plate that can be put under the the arm edge onto the top rail.
    2. The rod that is in the picture. Looks like it mounts onto the tm and you can set the height desired, preventing it from coming down hard.

Attached Images Attached Images

Be warned that the stabilizer arm will wear a hole in your carpet. May take 2 years.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Banned

the 112 fortex should have came with the mount. any way, minnkota sells the original mount, not that expensive. if the arm is hitting the boat, you might have other issues. i would check that the pivot bushings are not broken. that will cause the arm to "over extend" and hit the gunnel. pull the side plates off and tighten the screws on the pivot bushing. i broke them 2 different occasions. even with the support rod i sheared the two screws on one side. good luck.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

5. Member
    Unit may need new pivots. I sell the stabilizer along with a plastic cup that goes under the stabilizer to keep from wearing out the carpet.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    1" RAM mount

with the kick stand setup, it needs to come down kinda hard if you want to stop it from smashing in waves. if you dont care about that it may work?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    I have a ram mount on the back (when Stowed) of my TM..... no movement at all

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Be warned that the stabilizer arm will wear a hole in your carpet. May take 2 years.
    Buy a pack of slider furniture pads - the polyethylene ones with the self-adhesive backing. Stick it to the carpet where the bounce buster will hit. Cheap and easy prevention of carpet wear.

https://www.amazon.com/Self-Stick-Fu...ider+furniture

Back in the 80's Charger Boats started Utilizing a 1/2 in thick carpeted board under the T-Motor. It is enough to keep the troller off the cap. It takes just a second to cinch the strap down if I'm making a long run in rough water

Back in the 80's Charger Boats started Utilizing a 1/2 in thick carpeted board under the T-Motor. It is enough to keep the troller off the cap. It takes just a second to cinch the strap down if I'm making a long run in rough water

12. Member
    My old boat had a ram mount because it worked for my application. If I were in your shoes, I'd be looking at something like this.

https://www.boatownersworld.com/trol...izer-lock.html

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    Buy a pack of slider furniture pads - the polyethylene ones with the self-adhesive backing. Stick it to the carpet where the bounce buster will hit. Cheap and easy prevention of carpet wear.

https://www.amazon.com/Self-Stick-Fu...ider+furniture
    What a great idea! I'm putting one on my boat.