Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I'm waiting on my new X19 pro to come in now and I have owned a few different aluminum and fiberglass rigs and know people with 70,000 dollar rigs that have fans built into the compartments to help dry them out after a rain. unless you build the compartment welded all the way around with a tall lip it will leak. I know one thing for sure there is no aluminum padded hull out there that performs like xpress.

2. Member
    So got some PM's on wanting some pics if you will pm me your # and i will txt you some pics. I dont get on here everday so give me some time i will get them to you. Thanks

3. Member
    I don't think ANY boats have 'truely' waterproof compartments... Same with motorcycle luggage. That is why three gallon zip locks were invented... I just take everything out that might mold and open it up, take the plug out and put the cover on if it is going to be raining for a while. If I am going to be fishing for some time straight and it is going to be raining I might leave everything in it since it is going to get wet anyway but I will really dry everything out after.

Good points. I agree and disagree. Maybe my Xpress is a VERY bad one. I've owned many many boats and none have pooling water in the storage after fishing in the rain or a good washing like my Xpress. You say you know for sure no other padded aluminum hull out there performs like an Xpress? Pretty bold there. You have any real world data to back that up? Apples to apples(same hull dimensions, same weight, same hp motor)? Xpress is by far the most popular padded aluminum hull. If you have 35 guys with Xpress' and 1 or 2 guys with let's say a Triton aluminum pad hull, that's a whole lot more people critiquing a setup, so of course optimum numbers will favor Xpress. It's time consuming to really dial in an aluminum pad hull and MOST aluminum guys really don't care about squeezing the top numbers out. I am not one of those guys tho. I'm squeezing low 80's from my 22' Xpress with my "fast" prop. Took a lot of time and effort to get there, but the same can be done on another rig, apples to apples, if you spend the time and effort. It's your X19. You bought it, you own it. If it works out and is the perfect boat for you, that's great! Look no further. You never have to buy another one. That's just not the case for me. My Cpress will be my "girlfriend on the side" lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by lil butsy View Post
    I'm waiting on my new X19 pro to come in now and I have owned a few different aluminum and fiberglass rigs and know people with 70,000 dollar rigs that have fans built into the compartments to help dry them out after a rain. unless you build the compartment welded all the way around with a tall lip it will leak. I know one thing for sure there is no aluminum padded hull out there that performs like xpress.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12