Z9 ultrex shaft length

Hey guys I got a 2014 z9, moving to a ultrex this fall/winter. Wondering what shaft length seems more reasonable, the 45 or 52.

I fish mille lacs a lot but don't go out in huge rollers, so the 52 might be a pain

2. Member
    Go 52"! NO DOUBT! Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. You can always shorten the shaft, but you can't lengthen it.
    "CATCH EM, PUT EM BACK, CATCH EM AGAIN, PUT EM BACK AGAIN, REPEAT!!"

TGCustomRods@gmail.com

Sponsors:
    My WIFE
    My Wallet

What length do you have now? 45? Does it stay in the water When and how you fish? If so just get a 45, if it comes out of the water get a 52.

if you have a 52 and it isn't in your way when you go shallow get a 52, if it is in your way get a 45
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Depends on the type of fishing you mostly do. I went with a 45" on my Z21 mainly due to the availablity and somtimes wish i had the 52" version due to the big water lakes I frequently fish. The 45" version does well, it just comes out of the water somtimes when the wind gets cranking.

I must say though, I was on KY lake out of paris in early june, had one day there was major wind out of the south, big waves with the trolling motor coming out of the water and water running over the bow. Spot lock held me in my exact location, absolutly amazing. I got to looking and I was about the only one who lasted on the ledges all day that day.