Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    It just cannot find the path to where the exe file is located for google earth, find it then when you get that message go to to it and select the exe program and the next time it should work. Did for me.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionDon View Post
    It just cannot find the path to where the exe file is located for google earth, find it then when you get that message go to to it and select the exe program and the next time it should work. Did for me.
    I called Humminbird, Erica told me to search for GoogleEarth.exe and then open it, went to HumminbirdPC, opened it picked waypoint and now it works! So simple, I made it so complicated! Must have been on hold for Humminbird tech when you posted. Thanks

3. Member
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth Pro\client
    Was it the same location? Glad you got it fixed
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth Pro\client Was it the same location? Glad you got it fixed
    Minus "Pro" in the location you posted, but this was on my PC, the laptop that started me on this merry ride (that worked originally) does not have GoogleEarth.exe, will pursue that tonight.
    Thanks!

5. Member
    I have been dealing with this same problem. I took the computer in for service, no viruses, cleaned, uninstalled both HBPC and Google Earth PRO. Reloaded both programs, and still not compatible. I receive error code 0x80070057. The computer tech could not find a work around. He mentioned adding a graphics card, but did not know if it would help. Under the client file, the googleearth. exe shows 0 bytes. I can load the file into google earth pro, and see waypoints. I understand that these programs work for some, and not for others. It seems like the ones that it works for, do a lot of posting. I'm wondering if those people have newer computers. I will add, all updates have been done.

Quote Originally Posted by glasscat View Post
    I have been dealing with this same problem. I took the computer in for service, no viruses, cleaned, uninstalled both HBPC and Google Earth PRO. Reloaded both programs, and still not compatible. I receive error code 0x80070057. The computer tech could not find a work around. He mentioned adding a graphics card, but did not know if it would help. Under the client file, the googleearth. exe shows 0 bytes. I can load the file into google earth pro, and see waypoints. I understand that these programs work for some, and not for others. It seems like the ones that it works for, do a lot of posting. I'm wondering if those people have newer computers. I will add, all updates have been done.
    One of "those people" uses a Dell with Windows 10 Home edition. Another one stated his system in post #4.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    My 'usual' PC was built when Win7 was pretty new - so it's probably at least 3-4 years old.

An antique by PC standards!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

8. Member
    My wording might not have been appropriate. I'm just trying to find a fix for a 10 year old computer. Windows 10 updated, and HBPC 4.5.5. It worked fine before Googleearthpro.

My wording might not have been appropriate. I'm just trying to find a fix for a 10 year old computer. Windows 10 updated, and HBPC 4.5.5. It worked fine before Googleearthpro.
    Try the Help tab at the top of the Google Earth app.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth Pro\client Was it the same location? Glad you got it fixed
    Did you get yours to work? I have tried everything a non-knowledgeable 70 year old can, but having a tech try to figure it out and not being able to, it must be something in the hard drive. I spoke to Humminbird and got there email with simple instructions [ cannot talk to a tech which I understand ] , same as I've been trying forever. Now I have to take pictures of my Helix 10 DI temp offset to warrant a repair. But back to the first problem, I believe googleearth created the problem, for those of us with older computers. And Google help is a waste.

11. Member
    Did you get yours to work? I have tried everything a non-knowledgeable 70 year old can, but having a tech try to figure it out and not being able to, it must be something in the hard drive. I spoke to Humminbird and got there email with simple instructions [ cannot talk to a tech which I understand ] , same as I've been trying forever. Now I have to take pictures of my Helix 10 DI temp offset to warrant a repair. But back to the first problem, I believe googleearth created the problem, for those of us with older computers. And Google help is a waste.
    I have Windows 10 and I don't currently have a problem with HB 4.5.5 and GE Pro. When GE got auto updated to GE PRO on my computer, I got an error and just had to point to the file location as indicated in the path provided in previous post. In the earlier versions of HB PC, I believe there was an error with a file "msvcr71.dll" not being in the Humminbird PC path. If you're getting that error, then just a matter of finding it on your PC and then copying it to the Humminbird PC directory.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

I've tried everything and still can't get it to work. When I open Hummingbird PC I get a message stating "Part of this file created the error listed below" "cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: "is not a valid value for dateTime." some data might not be available do you want to ignore the error and continue trying to open this file?

I click yes and Hummingbird PC opens but cannot get Google Earth Pro to work along with a hummingbird PC. Used to work great, I cannot figure it out. Running Windows 10 via boot camp on a Mac.

13. Member
    Maybe someone that has it operating under that platform can respond. Is that happening before any NAV data is uploaded into HBPC? Can you open GE PRO separately from HBPC ok without errors?
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

14. Member
    Am I the only one that don't understand all this crap?

Since when does the operating system we run on our PC's have anything to do with catching fish?

Now, if this stuff is fun for you guys, that why we do it, have fun.

You'll never convince me any of this helps catch fish.

I use it to keep track of all of my waypoints and tracks, otherwise my memory fills up on my Helix units. I organize it all in folders and some of the lakes I run have lots of stumps.

I also oversee a high school fishing club. I organize tracks on some lakes and offer them to others to hopefully make it safer for first timers on the lakes.

I can open Google Earth without any issues by itself. I just read where Windows 10 isn't compatible with Google Earth Pro and believe that's when my issues started. Used to work perfect. I can't seem to find an older version of Google Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    I use it to keep track of all of my waypoints and tracks, otherwise my memory fills up on my Helix units. I organize it all in folders and some of the lakes I run have lots of stumps.

I can open Google Earth without any issues by itself. I just read where Windows 10 isn't compatible with Google Earth Pro and believe that's when my issues started. Used to work perfect. I can't seem to find an older version of Google Earth.
    You read the wrong information. I use Windows 10 with Google Earth Pro and have no issues. I got the Pro version as an update from the GE version I was using. I can open that software by itself or with HBPC. Just did a few Paths today and converted them to Humminbird Tracks.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thanks Wayne, I can't figure my issue out. I've uninstalled both Humming PC and Google Earth Pro numerous times and reinstalled both of them. Anyone else doing this on a Mac and Bootcamp running Windows 10? Everything is up to date. I've read every post and tried everything I can think of. I can open both GE Pro and Hummingbird PC separately with no issues, just can't get them to work together.

Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Thanks Wayne, I can't figure my issue out. I've uninstalled both Humming PC and Google Earth Pro numerous times and reinstalled both of them. Anyone else doing this on a Mac and Bootcamp running Windows 10? Everything is up to date. I've read every post and tried everything I can think of. I can open both GE Pro and Hummingbird PC separately with no issues, just can't get them to work together.
    Must be an issue with MAC.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    I fought with my system, it seemed like forever. I even called Humminbird. They sent me the same info that has been discussed. Nothing worked until I found a post on Sideimaging Soft. In that post it states to run both HBPC and Googleearthpro as administrator. You may have to open Googleearthpro in task bar first. This worked for me. Please respond to this forum if it works on your system. Forgot to add, I uninstalled HBPC 4.5.5, installed 4.3.8 then 4.5.5
    Last edited by glasscat; 10-15-2017 at 09:57 AM.

20. Member
    Any of you guys ever go fishin?

It's really fun !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast