Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

News from Legend

Rumor has it some design changes are coming to the V20.... Rest assured Legend is alive and well and preparing for growth.

yes they are and yes they are

3. Member
    I love my 2016 V20 but I'm looking forward to seeing the new design.... Hopefully some pictures will be available soon.

4. Member
    That’s great news. How long till we get the information on these changes?
    Nitro z21

What else could they change? Every year they have made some type of hull modification. Hopefully my 2017 is lined out!!

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” – Hunter S Thompson

2017 V20
    2017 PRO XS

6. Member
    Well I don’t own a v20 but, what would you guys like to see changed? I personally can’t see what to change unless they can improve performance without sacrifices.
    Nitro z21

7. Member
    Hopefully with the new ownership, before they make hull changes, they will do extensive testing....instead of the customer.

9. Member
    Nitro would never send anything out the Door Sub Par.....Testing will be thorough im sure......

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaFox76 View Post
    Nitro would never send anything out the Door Sub Par.....Testing will be thorough im sure......
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaFox76 View Post
    Can't tell, is this sarcism, or honest answer?

12. Member
    Sarcasm.........

13. Member
    They can still survive as a niche brand. Bass Cat has survived for a long time on 350 boats a year. I don't think Legend is doing that many right now, but they probably need to do at least 300 a year. At least that new facility won't go to waste now that Johnny is moving some Triton manufacturing into that building.

14. Member
    If the plant has unused capacity then why not build other boats there? How does this mean that Legend is no longer viable. I think they were bought for many reasons. One being their exclusivity, and willingness to customize the boats to the potential owners request. Basscat bought Yarcraft, moved the production to Arkansas. They were bought, and they are continuing successfully. Legend has a following, myself included, who sees the quality of build and attention to detail. I sure hope they stay viable. It's a really great product.

15. Member
    No brand is safe. Look what happened to Champion

16. Member
    I have no dog in this fight but I was in a stall next to a Legend Pro-Staffer before a tournament Sunday who is on his fourth boat, he said after the buyout this will be his last and his is for sale. Later he was talking to one of the local guides who is also a Legend Pro-Staffer and he commented that he will probably get one more and go somewhere else just not sure where yet. Both of these guys run a new boat every year so I'm not sure if they think the sky is falling or if they know something the general public does not.

17. Member
    I'm way behind, who bought Legend?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DougH View Post
    I'm way behind, who bought Legend?
    BPS

19. Member
    Roumbanis has been shopping around

More than likely they are loosing their Pro Staff deals is why the are looking around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast