Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hblancet View Post
    More than likely they are loosing their Pro Staff deals is why the are looking around.
    The guy I talked to basically said he wanted out because of BPS and the other he was talking to said "I'll probably go on and get one more and may start looking somewhere else after that". The guy that wanted out was telling me he had talked to so and so but I could barely understand him because we were under a marina with a metal roof and it was pouring rain. I told him man I like the Legend's and would love to have one if I could afford it and he said don't do it, that's when he went into I talked to so and so and I couldn't hear him, I just nodded and said oh and yea ok.

2. Member
    So what’s the latest rumor with legend they usually are true somebody has to be talking I just don’t want to buy one and be in the same boat as I was with my hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Jb357 View Post
    Roumbanis has been shopping around
    fred has announced he will be back in triton

4. Member
    I don’t like the thought but I don’t see legend being around. I hope I’m wrong. There’s just no evidence that they will survive through all this. Sales were not the greatest (not sure why)and then add all this publicity that isn’t positive. That’s hard to over come.

theres a few people who could make a statement that will end all this if their straight and to the point and that has not happened. I don’t take that letter from Johnny’s camp with much confidence that things will work in our favor.
    Last edited by jasonG; 10-25-2017 at 04:05 PM.
    Nitro z21

5. Banned
    There is a space available on the White River Marine Group's Home page to add the Legend logo, but so far it hasn't been done. That may be a clue to the future.

6. Member
    Wow. I swore my next boat would be a Legend. I really hope they can pull through.
    2019 Triton 18 TRX w/ 200 Optimax 4s ProXs
    6" Z-Lock Jackplate & 24p Fury 3 Blade
    80# Ultrex & (2) 9” HDS Live units

7. Member
    Legend goes out of business, then Legends become more exotic AKA Champion. I fished out of a Questar made one year in 1988 for 27 years, then sold it to a buddy who loves it. Best thing about my '09 Alpha 199 is I don't see very many.

8. Member
    It will kill resale value hawk did it to me.

9. Member
    Guess I will need to just keep my 2017 and continue to enjoy it. At some point they all become worth the same on resale.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Sales were not the greatest (not sure why)
    Well they are very very expensive but do make a nice fit product, but basscat seems to be making that niche work.

11. Member
    Price is in line with others when you compare them side by side. The extra quality and finished products goes to legend amongst these brands. Dealer network is weak in my opinion. Also whatever the issue was with the 15 model which has been rememdied by the company really kept people away. If the company came out openly and honestly that issue would not of been blown out of proportion as it has and the same for them selling to Johnny.
    Nitro z21

12. Member
    Wonder what the forum monitors have to say about all this mischief. I've been hoping they will come through and claim fake news

13. Legend Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich18xs View Post
    Wonder what the forum monitors have to say about all this mischief. I've been hoping they will come through and claim fake news
    Time will tell about the future of Legend. Until some of the higher ups say anything concerning the brand or its future it is all speculation and hearsay

14. Member
    Yeah that's true! Its really none of my business!

15. Banned
    That would be hilarious, piss off owners of both brands, thats what happened with the Strampion deal...
    Last edited by Legend LE-195; 11-01-2017 at 08:22 PM.

16. Member
    I care about which Elites drive which boats, almost, as much as I care about which brand of car NASCAR drivers are in. It has nothing to do with success. It’s purley a business deal that has everything to do with numbers and nothing to do with anything else. They are professionals with contracts, not consumers. Just because you personally bought a certain brand name piece of equipment doesn’t make it the best, and just because someone else went in another direction didn’t mean they made a poor choice. If you own a sticker of a little boy pissing on another brand of anything, you’re a D-Bag. If you are blessed and fortunate enough to buy something as trivial as a boat than I am more than happy for you whatever route you decide.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I could see Triton moving to the Midway (Legend) plant but Ranger? Absolutely no way.
    I was recently at a Triton dealership in Alabama. They said the Triton line was going to be moved to the Legend plant. Don't know if the service manager at that dealership was correct, but that was what he said they were told where Triton production was getting moved to.

18. Banned
    Still a blank spot on White River Marine Groups website, where all the other brands are listed. I'd think adding a small logo wouldn't be a hard thing to do, unless it's considered a waste of time to add something that will be removed.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    I was recently at a Triton dealership in Alabama. They said the Triton line was going to be moved to the Legend plant. Don't know if the service manager at that dealership was correct, but that was what he said they were told where Triton production was getting moved to.
    im told by an Elite that’s on Legend staff this is true.

20. Member
    The question is whether the Legend plant is big enough for the both of them?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast