Triton 189 TRX Certificate

I recently won a certificate for a Triton 189 TRX with a 150 Yamaha SHO motor. I am trying to figure out what my options are in terms of converting the cert to this specific boat, upsizing the bigger boat, or trying to sell it to a individual or a dealer. I have called a couple dealer, but haven't heard anything back yet. If anyone has any experience in this area, I'd love to hear about it. Think listing it for sale here I've heard nothing but great results, but not sure if that is possible. Thanks - Mark

Not an expert on this, but I'll give you my two cents. I believe the dealer will allow upgrades, but don't expect any deals. Full MSRP on depth finders, jackplate, etc. They will want to make some money if they are processing the certificate. Selling the certificate sounds easy, but keep in mind a bank won't finance a piece of paper. You are going to need a cash buyer. Some dealers will buy the certificate, but expect something like 60 percent of full retail.

Quote Originally Posted by WMFisher View Post
    I recently won a certificate for a Triton 189 TRX with a 150 Yamaha SHO motor. I am trying to figure out what my options are in terms of converting the cert to this specific boat, upsizing the bigger boat, or trying to sell it to a individual or a dealer. I have called a couple dealer, but haven't heard anything back yet. If anyone has any experience in this area, I'd love to hear about it. Think listing it for sale here I've heard nothing but great results, but not sure if that is possible. Thanks - Mark
    Im more than happy to DM you my address if you just need to get rid of it. :-)

4. Member
    I am in the market to purchase a 189 TRX. I’d love to hear what you’d be selling it for? PM me if it’s still available. Cheers!