My uncle has a Ranger, my dad has a Ranger. I've been fishing in them since I was very small. Finally ordered my own and just picked it up Friday (3 days ago) after waiting 13 weeks.
I expecting nothing but the best in quality and customer service from Ranger, and my dealer gave me that impression.

My dealer gave me the sense that he didn't have very good communication with Ranger regarding the status of the boat for about 2 weeks straight, as far as if it was getting close to being finished, getting shipped out, when it will arrive, and I was told on very short notice when the boat would arrive.

I ordered the boat with a custom Ranger boat cover. After waiting 12 weeks you don't expect the boat to show up missing the boat cover but it did. Dealer said that Ranger told him it was probably left at the plant and they will check on it. Three days later I haven't heard a word so I call Ranger myself and have someone check on it. A guy says he thinks it was probably left behind and says he will call me back later that day. He never calls so I call the next day (this morning). He tells me it was never made so they will now have to make one and he isn't sure how long it will take. I was planning on taking a week off work but may delay this due to not having the cover.

The boat also had a gash/scratch right on the side deep in the paint clear through the paint. The boat had huge metal shavings all in it, on the seats, in the compartments, and in all corners that could have easily and quickly been gotten up with a shop-vac, but I guess they leave that for their customers to take care of. Lastly, the water pressure gauge didn't work.

I'm sure I will eventually get this all taken care of and fixed, it's just a little disappointing you get the boat you have always wanted, brand new, and it seems like they rushed it out the door.